IWNGU Hit Or Miss Dice have arrived in stock!

• http://iwillnevergrowup.com/shop/dice

I Will Never Grow Up “HIT OR MISS” Dice are designed for use with any game that requires rolling any number or more/less!

Miniature Wargames, Historical Wargames and more can benefit from these dice!

Designed with an increasing threat level color code (White -> Yellow -> Orange -> Red -> Black) to represent the added chances of rolling a hit as you move up the threat level!

Do you need to roll a combat that includes 2 units that hit on 2 or higher, 3 hit on 4 or higher and 1 hits on 5 or higher? Sure, you could roll all three of those types of units separately, but with the “Hit or Miss” Dice you can just grab the appropriate number and color of dice and roll it all at once. Then, just add up the hit symbols and you’re done!

White Die : 1 Hit Symbol, 5 Blank Sides
    Yellow Die :  1 Hit Symbol, 1 Critical Hit Symbol, 4 Blank Sides
    Orange Die : 2 Hit Symbols, 1 Critical Hit Symbol, 3 Blank Sides
    Red Die : 2 Hit Symbols, 2 Critical Hit Symbols, 2 Blank Sides
    Black Die : 3 Hit Symbols, 2 Critical Hit Symbols, 1 Blank Side
    Speed up your games with I Will Never Grow Up “Hit Or Miss” Dice!

Standard Size 16mm Acrylic Dice
    Silk Screened Hit/Critical Hit symbols
    5 Dice Per Set (1 each of White, Yellow, Orange, Red, Black)

• oh no.

what happened to blue and green? orange and oranges second cousin are not good.

Primary colors only.

• '17 '16

Maybe the color is off in the picture, but the orange and the yellow look very, Very, VERY close in tone… if I were just grabbing some quick dice, i would probably confuse them… i hope they look distinctly different in person.

• I like the feature with hit and critical hit. It doesn’t matter for OOB players, and at the same time opens up for some more nuanced house rules. I also like the “rainbow theme”, from a rather harmless white dice to the lethal black dice.

But I’m also very worried about the yellow and orange looking to much alike. Is it possible to get a picture of them in daylight? Albeit most of our games are played in dark cellars or indoor in the evening… And battles where 2 and/or 3 hits are needed I would assume are the most common battles. So yellow and orange dice that are hard to tell apart, could really open up a ton of faulty throws and disputes.

• '19 '18 '17

These are going to be fun - ordered!

• '17 '16 '15

I’ve ordered a few sets as well; I would have liked green or blue instead of one of the yellow/orange colors, but they will still be a great addition! :)

• @Imperious:

what happened to blue and green? orange and oranges second cousin are not good.

Primary colors only.

Well, we never did say we were using blue or green.
    Arbitrary colors for the sake of using colors does not work either.
    This was not just done on the fly, but a lot of thought and consultation went into it and Thematic colors (the threat level system) was chosen.

@Wolfshanze:

Maybe the color is off in the picture, but the orange and the yellow look very, Very, VERY close in tone… if I were just grabbing some quick dice, i would probably confuse them… i hope they look distinctly different in person.

They are much closer than we had hoped and certainly closer than the original samples we were given (which were very distinct), but they are (i think anyway) noticeably different. Also, that picture, admittedly, was done in poor light with far too much shadow and needed a little adjusting (which also altered the colors some).
    We’re going to try to get better shots of the dice.

The other option was to ship them back to the manufacturer (in China), have them replace them and have the new ones shipped back, all at our cost which would more than double the cost of having these made and make the unsalable for any reasonable price.

We’ll see how quickly these go as to whether or not this manufacturer gets a reorder from us … we may just go to another manufacturer though and get the colors we were expecting.

@Herr:

I like the feature with hit and critical hit. It doesn’t matter for OOB players, and at the same time opens up for some more nuanced house rules. I also like the “rainbow theme”, from a rather harmless white dice to the lethal black dice.

Yes, the Threat Level theme was a choice we made so that there is some sense to the colors. Everyone (most people anyway?) can grasp the concept of white-yellow-orange-red-black being increasing levels of threat (and therefore increasing levels of probabilty to roll a hit).

The critical hit was added for our own brand of games that are going to be using these dice (and possible house rules for other games, including A&A).
    Otherwise, for most people a hit is a hit, no matter which one is rolled and a blank is a miss.

Thankfully they’re already selling better than expected!

• '19 '18 '17

Any update on when flight stands will be back in stock?  I know the site says “mid-April”.  Thx!

• @Dajokr:

Any update on when flight stands will be back in stock?  I know the site says “mid-April”.  Thx!

I just emailed yesterday to get an update. No word yet.

I was maybe overly optimistic saying mid april (we were told end of march originally).

• @IWillNeverGrowUp:

…certainly closer than the original samples we were given (which were very distinct)… we may just go to another manufacturer though and get the colors we were expecting…

Sounds like there is a breach of contract from the Chinese manufacturer. If you ordered yellow and orange dice, were shown dice in two colours, and then ended up with dice of almost the same colours, you didn’t get what the countract obliged the manufacturer to deliver. Couldn’t you then demand the manufacturer to fulfill his duties according to the contract?

But yeah, I know. Chinese law is not known for being… useful for both parties.

• @Herr:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

…certainly closer than the original samples we were given (which were very distinct)… we may just go to another manufacturer though and get the colors we were expecting…

Sounds like there is a breach of contract from the Chinese manufacturer. If you ordered yellow and orange dice, were shown dice in two colours, and then ended up with dice of almost the same colours, you didn’t get what the countract obliged the manufacturer to deliver. Couldn’t you then demand the manufacturer to fulfill his duties according to the contract?

You got it. Once they ship its tough to do anything.
    We asked for very specific colors includimg a pantone color code but the order was “too small” for that and we had to use standard stock.

They showed us samples. Then on doing the run discovered they didnt have enough of the brighter orange so substituted for a “similar orange”.

They are different, like i said, and i piled a bunch on the table and was able to pick out yellow and orange well enough. Obviously thats only subjective and may differ from person to person and lighting situations.

• '17 '16

@Herr:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

This is what happens when you go cheap and order from China… I think next time, order from a more reliable country… like maybe North Korea.  :-D

• @Wolfshanze:

This is what happens when you go cheap and order from China… I think next time, order from a more reliable country… like maybe North Korea.

My guess is that North Korea would provide dice in exactly the correct colours, but with fewer or more than six sides.

• '17 '16

I think the Chinese just think they can boss Canada around… if I were IWNGU, I would petition the Canadian government to round up the Canadian Pacific Fleet and intimidate China for more fair trade practices.

• @Wolfshanze:

I think the Chinese just think they can boss Canada around… if I were IWNGU, I would petition the Canadian government to round up the Canadian Pacific Fleet and intimidate China for more fair trade practices.

Lets grab the Swiss Fleet as well. Dumb Chinese…  :mrgreen:

• @Wolfshanze:

LMAO … Wait … That could be an option! ;)

@CWO:

@Wolfshanze:

This is what happens when you go cheap and order from China… I think next time, order from a more reliable country… like maybe North Korea.

My guess is that North Korea would provide dice in exactly the correct colours, but with fewer or more than six sides.

The rare 7 sided dice … I think that could sell!

• @Wolfshanze:

@Herr:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

To be fair, this is the company we have dealt with for the past 6 years (has it been that long? wow!) but we’re a very small fish in their ocean.

Had we ordered 5000 sets then we’d get any color we wanted made specifically for us, but then … 5000 sets would bankrupt us. lol.

This is what happens when you go cheap and order from China… I think next time, order from a more reliable country… like maybe North Korea.  :-D

• '17 '16

Mind you, the Canadian Pacific Fleet consists of a canoe with a Mounty from British Columbia in it.

• And the swiss fleet is nonexistent because they are land locked

• '17 '16

@Hunter:

And the swiss fleet is nonexistent because they are land locked

Thank you Captain Obvious…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m