• Hey so I was just curious. What are some good first round purchases for each nation? I have a good idea but I want to hear what others think.

• Overall, get your aircraft early.  So they can get to the front lines as fast as possible.  An increase of artillery of hits on 4 is huge.

• @DessertFox599:

Hey so I was just curious. What are some good first round purchases for each nation? I have a good idea but I want to hear what others think.

Buying aircraft is important. It also is good to buy artillery to support your massive amount of infantry.

• I usually buy a lot of infantry. You start with a ton, however you lose a lot during battles and I find it’s better replace them than buy more artillery early. I only start building more artillery once I have enough infantry to sustain causalities. So my usual buys either all infantry or mostly infantry and one or two artillery.

• For Austria, Russia, Germany, France, and England-1 fighter with the remainder being spent on a combination of infantry and artillery.  In the case of France, I lean slightly on the side of artillery if Germany looks to be focused East and slightly on the side of infantry if they look to be headed West.

For the Ottomans and Italy-split between infantry and artillery.  Their economies aren’t strong enough to support the purchase of fighters, nor are they likely to mass artillery in large quantities.

The US-transports, with possible surface combat vessels if it looks like there will be a need.

• What do you guys think of Germany making sea units purchases for the first few turns. Reason being,  Germany has enough troops for the first few turns at least. Thought?

• If I was trying for a surprise move against England or thought there’d be benefit to outflanking the Russians in the North, perhaps.  Otherwise, no, probably not.  Time is of the essence for the CP so I’d much rather double down on land units and muscle my way to a capital than build navy that’s going to be less effective in achieving that goal.

• TripleA

Depends which capital are you taking first. Italy, Russia or France?

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Well ill turn it over to you guys: What changes in purchasing would you make for each goal. For example, What would an IF (Italian First) purchase look like as compared to say a KFF strategy?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m