House Rules looking for feedback

• I am considering trying a Global 40 2nd Edition face to face game with these rules to speed up play and add a touch more historicity.  I am interested in feedback primarily on
    1.  How you feel this would impact balance between the two sides and
    2.  How it would impact the game experience.  For example, it would eliminate can-opener tactics.  Would that bog the game down in too much stalemate?

Set Up:
    The Russian far east forces will start the game moved one territory west if Russia chooses.

Turn Sequence: 
    All Axis go (Italy, Germany, Japan) (Italy is skipped round 1)
    All Allies go (France, Russia, US, UK/India, Anzac, China).  (France is skipped round 1)
    All purchases, combat moves and non combat moves for either side are made simultaneously.

Other Rules:
    Axis:  German and Italian units can attack, defend and move together.  However, under no circumstances can land, sea or air units from the European Axis mix with Japanese forces or visa versa, nor can they attack the same territory on the same turn.

Allies:  US, UK (either board) French and Anzac units can attack, defend and move together.  Allied units can share territories with Chinese troops, but cannot attack together.  Otherwise, Russian units cannot enter non Russian land territories controlled by the other allies and cannot participate in joint attacks. 
    Allied land and air units that end movement in original Russian territories that contain Russian units become Russian.  If you send it to Russia, it is a gift, just like “lend/lease” was not really a loan.  If you liberate a Russian territory, you are fine, but you will need to move out before Russians move in, or convert to Russian.

All other Global 2nd Edition rules remain in play as written.

• US, UK (either board) French and Anzac units can attack, defend and move together.

This will destroy the game, promise

• Thanks, that was what I was afraid of.  Will stick with just changing the turn sequence for now.

• Customizer

@Imperious:

US, UK (either board) French and Anzac units can attack, defend and move together.

This will destroy the game, promise

How exactly? I’m assuming the same is done for Germany/Italy/Vichy France etc.

I still think the game should ideally be a 4 player game, with the Western Allies + China as one “block”. Historically this was certainly the case after at least 1942.

• Because the western Allies can more easily project power and gang up against Japan or Germany, while the axis are too far apart to help each other. Italy is really not much help. They can pile up in Spain and really easily make that a base to attack France, or even do a 2 to 1 in France. Go play it and find out. I did a few times over the years.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m