• '19 '17 '16

Hello:

I’ve re-read the rules on subs and transports, and there’s something I’m not 100% sure about.

I know that transports can ignore subs for loading and unloading.  However, if - during non-combat, say - someone were to put a sub in a seazone containing transports and that player then decided to attack the sub on his turn would that seazone then become hostile, and thereby negate the transport’s ability to load?

In other words, if there is a sub in the seazone does the person have to choose to EITHER load the transport OR attack the sub, but not both?  Or can he both attack the sub and load transport?

I hope that makes sense.  :-)

• '18 '17

The transport could still load.

The rules from Page 13 indicate that the sub would not prevent loading.

Enemy submarines and/or transports do not block any
    of your units’ movement, nor do they prevent loading
    or offloading in that sea zone (with one exception; see
    “Special Combat Movement: Transports,” page 16).

• To add to the above, the transport can only still load IF it is used on the same turn to make an amphibious attack. If it isn’t being used to make an amphibious attack, then it can’t load those troops until the non-combat phase - but at that point it’s already taken part in the combat against the sub and so can’t be used again.

• Thanks to all 3 of you guys for clarifying an uncertainty I did not even know I had until StuckTojo voiced it.

• '17 '16

@Amalec:

To add to the above, the transport can only still load IF it is used on the same turn to make an amphibious attack. If it isn’t being used to make an amphibious attack, then it can’t load those troops until the non-combat phase - but at that point it’s already taken part in the combat against the sub and so can’t be used again.

Are your sure about this one?
    A defenseless Transport which make no move and no loading in Combat Move phase cannot be use in Non-Combat Move if there was a naval battle in the same SZ.

It is like throwing a UK’s Battleship amongst Japanese TPs before DOW.
    Japan DOW on its turn but cannot load IJN TPs, but still may move them outside the embattled SZ in Combat Move Phase and can load and unload land units if it there is some in another friendly SZ during Combat Move Phase.

So, such empty TPs are totally neutralized if they stayed in the hostile SZ, even it becomes friendly after battle?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m