Grasshopper's G40 Invitational - Toronto 2017

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

I read about a 1914 tournament…

That sounds like fun, if/when you confirm it, sign me up for it.

I can bring a copy of 1914 to help supplement and 2 Extra Boards. I could also split my pieces and have 2 Copies. I would also like to help setup on Saturday and Sunday Morning, as I have memorized the G40 setup as well.

• HJ

Hey Buddy, so glad to hear that you’re coming in for this… it’s definitely better than the humiliation that will be forcibly put on you during freshman week (good choice brother). It looks like the 1914 tournament is a no go, not enough interest at this point in time and too close to the event date to organize. The G40 tournament will be our focus, are you in for that?

• Aww…. but yes im ok with G40.

• Dude son and I want to play in the lower division we will be driving in from Cleveland Ohio, Name Jim (dad) & Ted (son) Davis.  What is the entry fee and we will setup Hotel and be there on Sat AM.  What time do you start, what do we need to bring.  When does tournament start ie time Sat…  I see 9am to 11pm we are in  if you have a spot.  My email jimdavis6573@gmail.com

• Sponsor

@jimdavis6573:

Dude son and I want to play in the lower division we will be driving in from Cleveland Ohio, Name Jim (dad) & Ted (son) Davis.  What is the entry fee and we will setup Hotel and be there on Sat AM.  What time do you start, what do we need to bring.  When does tournament start ie time Sat…  I see 9am to 11pm we are in  if you have a spot.  My email jimdavis6573@gmail.com

Hey Jim, thanks for Joining, see the roster list in this thread and note that your team has been entered… all that other stuff I will address to you by email today.

Cheers

YG

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

Aww…. but yes im ok with G40.

Had to put you in the Hobbyist field with Teflon… don’t worry, there will be more than enough competition for you guys there. and all remaining teams to enter experienced or not will go there, so it will still be a challenge for you guys to move on to the Monday games.

• @Young:

@Hunter:

Aww…. but yes im ok with G40.

Had to put you in the Hobbyist field with Teflon… don’t worry, there will be more than enough competition for you guys there. and all remaining teams to enter experienced or not will go there, so it will still be a challenge for you guys to move on to the Monday games.

Perfect, Can’t wait  :-D

• '18 '17 '16

Do you have a passport yet Hunter? If not you might be too late to apply for one. It can take months so if you don’t have one you had better enquire how long it will be before you book a flight to Toronto. Getting into Canada without one will be difficult, getting back to the US will be next to impossible.

• Sponsor

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Do you have a passport yet Hunter? If not you might be too late to apply for one. It can take months so if you don’t have one you had better enquire how long it will be before you book a flight to Toronto. Getting into Canada without one will be difficult, getting back to the US will be next to impossible.

True for all those traveling from the United States to Canada that don’t have passports… however, I know someone that got theirs within a month, so don’t give up hope. Apply for yours ASAP if you don’t have.

• @Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

True for all those traveling from the United States to Canada that don’t have passports… however, I know someone that got theirs within a month, so don’t give up hope. Apply for yours ASAP if you don’t have.

I have something called an enhanced ID. It allows me to travel to any country boarding the US. It has gotten me across the boarder before without a problem. Ill pick up a passport just in case.

• '18 '17 '16

Good idea. I’m looking forward to meeting you in September.

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

@Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I have something called an enhanced ID. It allows me to travel to any country boarding the US. It has gotten me across the boarder before without a problem. Ill pick up a passport just in case.

WOW!… you must be CIA.

• '18 '17 '16

Those ID’s are good for driving across the border but I’m not so sure about flying. For obvious reasons airport security is much tighter. Best to make the inquiry to see if they’re good enough before buying a ticket.

• Sponsor

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Those ID’s are good for driving across the border but I’m not so sure about flying. For obvious reasons airport security is much tighter. Best to make the inquiry to see if they’re good enough before buying a ticket.

…and ask your parents if they’re willing to help you plan your trip.

• @Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Will do

• @Hunter:

@Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Will do

Time to get a passport, ID’s wont fly (no pun intended).

• '18 '17 '16

If you don’t get it in time you maybe could drive to Vancouver and fly from there.

• That might work. Speaking of Vancouver GHG, is that where you are flying from?

• '18 '17 '16

I will fly from here to Vancouver, and then from there to Toronto.

• Is that a connecting flight?

• '18 '17 '16

Yes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m