Grasshopper's G40 Invitational - Toronto 2017

• Coin flip? Dice Roll?

How badly they beat the opposing team?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The time tokens is a great way.

Help me out here though,aren’t these items both the same thing?

-1. Calculate all victory tokens achieved by each team during both day
    -1st tie breaker: calculate all game tokens received by each team involved in the tie.

If they are a tie, then obviously they have received the same amount of tokens.

SUGGESTION:
    For the purpose of resolving a tie, all “bonus” victory tokens count as 2 points.

RATIONAL:
    It’s unlikely after two games that two tied teams will have the same number of bonus tokens.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

The time tokens is a great way.

Help me out here though,aren’t these items both the same thing?

-1. Calculate all victory tokens achieved by each team during both day
    -1st tie breaker: calculate all game tokens received by each team involved in the tie.

If they are a tie, then obviously they have received the same amount of tokens.

SUGGESTION:
    For the purpose of resolving a tie, all “bonus” victory tokens count as 2 points.

RATIONAL:
    It’s unlikely after two games that two tied teams will have the same number of bonus tokens.

Victory Tokens and Game Tokens are not the same…

Lets say the top 2 teams in one division have the following victory token tally at the end of 2 days…

Team A - Total VTs = 6
    Team B - Total VTs = 5

At this point Team A has the better record than team B… and would advance according to their VT record. However, if we include the game tokens all together with the victory tokens like so…

Team A - Total GTs =2 + 6 VTs = 8
    Team B - Total GTs =4 + 5 VTs = 9

Than the best record at this point would belong to Team B. However, the true focus in this tournament should be the victory tokens, the game tokens will only act as a tie breaker between teams with the same number of victory tokens. Thats why we don’t put them all together, and that’s why there’s no need for assigning point scales to them… VTs is more valuable than GTs.

I will make videos soon explaining all this.

YG

Hey YG,

Just following up after watching a bunch of your latest videos!

Suggestion: You noted some people can’t play on the Monday should they make the medal round.  As it would be a shame Both for the person leaving, and their opponent who won’t get a game - I suggest that in the event this occur that proxies be allowed at the discretion of the team who made it to the medal round.

I for one will be there all three days.  And should I not make the medal round for some reason, I would absolutely battle on someone else’s behalf to ensure they get thier prize! Should they accept my offer to champion their game.

Item #1 the 8pm curfew - is this a set in stone requirement from the legion? Or could we add some time if both teams having a blast? Maybe a 10pm drop dead?
    Seems a shame to lose those hours - some of the best A&A happens after 8pm :)

Item #2  I’m sill very confused by the Hobbyist/Enthusiast level, as the video says one thing, but our conversation was the opposite haha.  I suppose it doesn’t matter now.

Enthusiasts are supposed to be the more difficult bracket? And hobbyists the more average players? Or is it the other way around?

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

What about the number of rounds?  Suppose there is a tie and both winning teams have the same number of tokens at the end of the day, but 1 game went to round 16 and the other went to round 17.  Wouldn’t we say the team who got the points in fewer rounds was better than the one who took more rounds to get theirs, even if both took the same time?

• What about capitulation of your enemy in the least amount of time

Capitulation is tricky. I think there should be a no capitulation rule.

Say I am having a really bad game within the first two or three hours and I “capitulate”  that means my opponent gets screwed out of a long list of Victory Tokens.  Meaning I may make it to the medal round by simply “quitting” this game and hoping to have better luck in the next.

Or if I did well on day one, I could capitulate early day 2, so as to again deny my opponent possible points.

**No capitulations before 8pm!  **

The only way games should finish early, is if a legitimate victory or all VT for one side is achieved.

• @Gargantua:

Capitulation is tricky. I think there should be a no capitulation rule.

Say I am having a really bad game within the first two or three hours and I “capitulate”  that means my opponent gets screwed out of a long list of Victory Tokens.  Meaning I may make it to the medal round by simply “quitting” this game and hoping to have better luck in the next.

Or if I did well on day one, I could capitulate early day 2, so as to again deny my opponent possible points.

**No capitulations before 8pm!  **

The only way games should finish early, is if a legitimate victory or all VT for one side is achieved.

As you wish…

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

There is no scenario in which a game can end early, it is up to the team getting pounded to stop the bleeding or feel the scorn of all the other teams in their division for allowing a team 8 victory tokens and at least 1 bonus token in just one day. But even if one side gets all their tokens, the other side has the complete game to get more for themselves.

• '18 '17 '16

If a team has given up 8 tokens it probably doesn’t have enough units left on the board acquire one. This is why I’m glad I don’t have to play Hunter. His dog taught him everything he knows and now he thinks he’s a werewolf on a day pass. No full moon required. :-o

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

If a team has given up 8 tokens it probably doesn’t have enough units left on the board acquire one. This is why I’m glad I don’t have to play Hunter. His dog taught him everything he knows and now he thinks he’s a werewolf on a day pass. No full moon required. :-o

LOL! Dog is happy to hear that! But seriously im with GHG on this one, if a team has given up 8 tokens, they most likely dont have the money to get one of their own.

I have considered surrender rules. Here is what I have.

The side that surrenders, gets 0 tokens, no matter what. The side that “wins” would either

a) Keep the amount of tokens they had at the time of surrender. OR

b) they automaticly win a  set amount of tokens. If they have more than the set amount, that’s what they have.

YG, what do you think?

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

LOL! Dog is happy to hear that! But seriously im with GHG on this one, if a team has given up 8 tokens, they most likely dont have the money to get one of their own.

I have considered surrender rules. Here is what I have.

The side that surrenders, gets 0 tokens, no matter what. The side that “wins” would either

a) Keep the amount of tokens they had at the time of surrender. OR

b) they automaticly win a  set amount of tokens. If they have more than the set amount, that’s what they have.

YG, what do you think?

No surrendering allowed.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

It would be fun if you could STEAL an enemy’s tokens, like if you exterminate every last one of their units off the face of the Earth you get their points, like monopoly.

• Sponsor

@variance:

It would be fun if you could STEAL an enemy’s tokens, like if you exterminate every last one of their units off the face of the Earth you get their points, like monopoly.

No exterminations allowed.

• @Young:

@variance:

No disintegrations…

As you wish…

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

@Young:

@variance:

No disintegrations…

As you wish…

No wishes allowed.

• '18 '17 '16

No shirt. No shoes. No service, Wolfman.

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

Dangit. Now I cant get in, what am I supposed to tell Teflon?

• @Young:

@Hunter:

@Young:

@variance:

No disintegrations…

As you wish…

No wishes allowed.

LOL! No wishes, so I cant wish upon a star, for a car?

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Dangit. Now I cant get in, what am I supposed to tell Teflon?

Tell him that you sleep naked, and that you have a sleep walking problem.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m