Grasshopper's G40 Invitational - Toronto 2017

• @Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Do you have a passport yet Hunter? If not you might be too late to apply for one. It can take months so if you don’t have one you had better enquire how long it will be before you book a flight to Toronto. Getting into Canada without one will be difficult, getting back to the US will be next to impossible.

True for all those traveling from the United States to Canada that don’t have passports… however, I know someone that got theirs within a month, so don’t give up hope. Apply for yours ASAP if you don’t have.

I have something called an enhanced ID. It allows me to travel to any country boarding the US. It has gotten me across the boarder before without a problem. Ill pick up a passport just in case.

• '18 '17 '16

Good idea. I’m looking forward to meeting you in September.

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

@Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Do you have a passport yet Hunter? If not you might be too late to apply for one. It can take months so if you don’t have one you had better enquire how long it will be before you book a flight to Toronto. Getting into Canada without one will be difficult, getting back to the US will be next to impossible.

True for all those traveling from the United States to Canada that don’t have passports… however, I know someone that got theirs within a month, so don’t give up hope. Apply for yours ASAP if you don’t have.

I have something called an enhanced ID. It allows me to travel to any country boarding the US. It has gotten me across the boarder before without a problem. Ill pick up a passport just in case.

WOW!… you must be CIA.

• '18 '17 '16

Those ID’s are good for driving across the border but I’m not so sure about flying. For obvious reasons airport security is much tighter. Best to make the inquiry to see if they’re good enough before buying a ticket.

• Sponsor

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Those ID’s are good for driving across the border but I’m not so sure about flying. For obvious reasons airport security is much tighter. Best to make the inquiry to see if they’re good enough before buying a ticket.

…and ask your parents if they’re willing to help you plan your trip.

• @Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Will do

• @Hunter:

@Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Will do

Time to get a passport, ID’s wont fly (no pun intended).

• '18 '17 '16

If you don’t get it in time you maybe could drive to Vancouver and fly from there.

• That might work. Speaking of Vancouver GHG, is that where you are flying from?

• '18 '17 '16

I will fly from here to Vancouver, and then from there to Toronto.

• Is that a connecting flight?

• '18 '17 '16

Yes.

• Disciplinary Group Banned

Me and the Grand Masters will go to the G40 tournament to show everyone the VANN FORMULAS, and will be talking to Larry Harris the creator of the A&A game industry. We hope we can see you all there, thank you.

HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!!!

• Sponsor

@Dauvio:

Me and the Grand Masters will go to the G40 tournament to show everyone the VANN FORMULAS, and will be talking to Larry Harris the creator of the A&A game industry. We hope we can see you all there, thank you.

HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!!!

Here is my response to this individual who has dragged my name and tournament into his ridiculous agenda…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CirE4q47YsE

• Sponsor

The roster has been updated, only 3 spots left in the tournament.

• Can you add my set of hand painted US Marines to the prize list?

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

Can you add my set of hand painted US Marines to the prize list?

Done, and thank you.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Now that’s a prize worth fighting for!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

YG called me and answered some of these questions!

YG,

I have some tournament questions:

#1. Which teams play which teams day 2?

#2. When will sides (Axis/Allies) be chosen?
    Chosen Saturday AM.  Be Ready!

#3. Will there be enough gameboards? (as my team is not able to bring one) or will we need to get one?.
    Gameboards are provided (loaned) for all tables.  so pieces don’t get mixed or lost.

#4. When I played with you in April, victory was achieved by either reaching 8 VC’s or being the first side to score 3 victory tokens.  Is that the case here?  or can ALL tokens essentially be achieved? and bonus tokens for denying/winning the game outright.
    All Tokens can be won, as well as bonus tokens.  “Victory” conditions are still the standard for global.  Players have ALL day to play to score points. Which mean each side must fight to the bitter end! to stop the other from getting more points

#5.  I see a listing of 40min and 50min timers for turns.  How does this work?  Do you mean each time the turn changes 40 min is available? so  Franzac for example has 40 min?  The math/explanation isn’t clear to me.  And whats the penalty for running late? or the bonus for finishing early?
    Time limits will be explained in detail later.  The basic premise is that each country has a set limit per turn.  IE Germany has 15 min, Russia 10 min, each turn.  etc.  Resolve combat is not timed.  If a team goes over their time, they must use a “time token”  Each side has 8 extra time tokens.  If you force an enemy to use all time tokens, you get an extra Victory Token.

• Video on US Marines Prize

https://youtu.be/ZgIfjvp0DX4

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m