Grasshopper's G40 Invitational - Toronto 2017

• Does that mean I’ll be “live” on your you tube. . . rating are going to go thru the roof
    Maybe we can get Larry & Thomas on the open table when their not showing us their new “WAR ROOM” game.
    I’m excited
    I am willing to help set up Sat. morn and Sund. morn, I have the boards memorized for the G40 2nd edition
    It wont be long now
    Kris

• Sponsor

Hello everyone,

I want to let you know that there will be an announcement soon on my YouTube Channel, and to the Axis & Allies community that the venue for Grasshopper’s G40 Invitational, as well as the WAR ROOM demo game hosted by Larry Harris, has moved from the FMGCON in Oshawa to the T6GCON in Toronto (the Toronto 6ix Sided Gaming Convention). This happened because of the limited space provided to us by the convention in Oshawa, and the fact that we couldn’t accommodate the many people asking to join our tournament. Therefore, due to the overwhelming demand, and the impossibility to expand, we ultimately decided to rent our own venue and form our own convention.

This is great news for our team and for everything we’ve been wanting to provide the Axis & Allies community, as we now have a Legion hall that is spacious enough to accommodate all those hoping to attend. This new venue is called the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 13 located in the Beaches area of Scarborough which is much closer to Pearson International airport. It has more than enough space to allow us to reopen registration for the tournament, and for other Axis & Allies related events we are currently working on. There are just too many positives about this transition to list right now, but I assure you… our team is organizing and preparing a world class event featuring the past and present game designs of Larry Harris Jr.

As for the G40 tournament, we are completely starting over in regards to all previous team rosters, simply because of the tournament format that will now become 2 on 2 thanks to the available space at the new convention hall. We will now run 2 separate tiers for experience level called the Hobbyist tier, and the Enthusiasts tier with separate Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal championship games for both. I understand that this is mind blowing considering all the planning and preparation you guys have had with each other, but this is what most participants asked for right from the beginning, and we are glad to make the changes. Therefore, all team rosters are now void, and I am now accepting submission requests for new team rosters with no more, and no less than 2 players per team. However, I will of course help find teammates for all those flying solo.

The dates of this event remain September 23rd, 24th, and 25th with all 3 days running from 9AM-11PM, and with all 3 days at the same venue of course. It is with sincere regret that we must hold T6GCON on the same weekend as FMGCON due to so many international travellers with prepaid flights already booked. It is absolutely not our intention to hold our future events on the same weekend as FMGCON or any other Toronto area gaming convention for that matter.

If you have preregistered on the FMGCON website in order to attend Grasshopper’s G40 Invitational, or the Larry Harris WAR ROOM demo game… than you will receive an email from us soon requesting your instructions on what to do with your paid preregistration fee. It will be our top priority as an event team to make that transition for you as effortless as possible. Remember, this only effects those that prepaid for entry into the Axis & Allies tournament at FMGCON, and the Larry Harris WAR ROOM demo game.

As for those that now wish to join Grasshopper’s G40 Invitational with your own 2 player team, spots are now available for you to do so. If you have contacted us in the past but were turned away due to limited space, than please reconsider attending. Preregistration will be available on the Cliffside Bunker website very soon, but for now… just send me an email at (cliffside bunker @ outlook. com) explaining your intentions to attend. Also, we are currently looking at the possibility of organizing an Axis & Allies WAR at SEA miniatures tournament, as well as an Axis & Allies 1914 WW1 tournament (both of which are not yet confirmed).

I would also like to announce 401 Games as our new official 2017 sponsor for the Cliffside Bunker, and the “Toronto 6ix Sided Gaming Convention”… A big shout out to the staff at 401 Games in Toronto, Canada.

http://store.401games.ca

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you need any additional assistance.

Sincerely
    Young Grasshopper & the Cliffside Crew

• Sponsor

@suprise:

Does that mean I’ll be “live” on your you tube. . . rating are going to go thru the roof
    Maybe we can get Larry & Thomas on the open table when their not showing us their new “WAR ROOM” game.
    I’m excited
    I am willing to help set up Sat. morn and Sund. morn, I have the boards memorized for the G40 2nd edition
    It wont be long now
    Kris

Thanks Surprise Attack, that would be a tremendous help.

• I read about a 1914 tournament…

That sounds like fun, if/when you confirm it, sign me up for it.

I can bring a copy of 1914 to help supplement and 2 Extra Boards. I could also split my pieces and have 2 Copies. I would also like to help setup on Saturday and Sunday Morning, as I have memorized the G40 setup as well.

• HJ
  • Sponsor

@Hunter:

I read about a 1914 tournament…

That sounds like fun, if/when you confirm it, sign me up for it.

I can bring a copy of 1914 to help supplement and 2 Extra Boards. I could also split my pieces and have 2 Copies. I would also like to help setup on Saturday and Sunday Morning, as I have memorized the G40 setup as well.

• HJ

Hey Buddy, so glad to hear that you’re coming in for this… it’s definitely better than the humiliation that will be forcibly put on you during freshman week (good choice brother). It looks like the 1914 tournament is a no go, not enough interest at this point in time and too close to the event date to organize. The G40 tournament will be our focus, are you in for that?

• Aww…. but yes im ok with G40.

• Dude son and I want to play in the lower division we will be driving in from Cleveland Ohio, Name Jim (dad) & Ted (son) Davis.  What is the entry fee and we will setup Hotel and be there on Sat AM.  What time do you start, what do we need to bring.  When does tournament start ie time Sat…  I see 9am to 11pm we are in  if you have a spot.  My email jimdavis6573@gmail.com

• Sponsor

@jimdavis6573:

Dude son and I want to play in the lower division we will be driving in from Cleveland Ohio, Name Jim (dad) & Ted (son) Davis.  What is the entry fee and we will setup Hotel and be there on Sat AM.  What time do you start, what do we need to bring.  When does tournament start ie time Sat…  I see 9am to 11pm we are in  if you have a spot.  My email jimdavis6573@gmail.com

Hey Jim, thanks for Joining, see the roster list in this thread and note that your team has been entered… all that other stuff I will address to you by email today.

Cheers

YG

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

Aww…. but yes im ok with G40.

Had to put you in the Hobbyist field with Teflon… don’t worry, there will be more than enough competition for you guys there. and all remaining teams to enter experienced or not will go there, so it will still be a challenge for you guys to move on to the Monday games.

• @Young:

@Hunter:

Aww…. but yes im ok with G40.

Had to put you in the Hobbyist field with Teflon… don’t worry, there will be more than enough competition for you guys there. and all remaining teams to enter experienced or not will go there, so it will still be a challenge for you guys to move on to the Monday games.

Perfect, Can’t wait  :-D

• '18 '17 '16

Do you have a passport yet Hunter? If not you might be too late to apply for one. It can take months so if you don’t have one you had better enquire how long it will be before you book a flight to Toronto. Getting into Canada without one will be difficult, getting back to the US will be next to impossible.

• Sponsor

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Do you have a passport yet Hunter? If not you might be too late to apply for one. It can take months so if you don’t have one you had better enquire how long it will be before you book a flight to Toronto. Getting into Canada without one will be difficult, getting back to the US will be next to impossible.

True for all those traveling from the United States to Canada that don’t have passports… however, I know someone that got theirs within a month, so don’t give up hope. Apply for yours ASAP if you don’t have.

• @Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

True for all those traveling from the United States to Canada that don’t have passports… however, I know someone that got theirs within a month, so don’t give up hope. Apply for yours ASAP if you don’t have.

I have something called an enhanced ID. It allows me to travel to any country boarding the US. It has gotten me across the boarder before without a problem. Ill pick up a passport just in case.

• '18 '17 '16

Good idea. I’m looking forward to meeting you in September.

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

@Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

I have something called an enhanced ID. It allows me to travel to any country boarding the US. It has gotten me across the boarder before without a problem. Ill pick up a passport just in case.

WOW!… you must be CIA.

• '18 '17 '16

Those ID’s are good for driving across the border but I’m not so sure about flying. For obvious reasons airport security is much tighter. Best to make the inquiry to see if they’re good enough before buying a ticket.

• Sponsor

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Those ID’s are good for driving across the border but I’m not so sure about flying. For obvious reasons airport security is much tighter. Best to make the inquiry to see if they’re good enough before buying a ticket.

…and ask your parents if they’re willing to help you plan your trip.

• @Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Will do

• @Hunter:

@Young:

@GeneralHandGrenade:

Will do

Time to get a passport, ID’s wont fly (no pun intended).

• '18 '17 '16

If you don’t get it in time you maybe could drive to Vancouver and fly from there.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m