• As a rule, I am new to forums.  My only forum experience has been a couple of small threads on Rise of Flight forums.  I have since past that posting record during the last few days on here.  I have noticed that most members seem to have badges.

My question(s) is: What are badges?  What are they for?  When are they awarded? How many badges are there?

• Welcome to the forum Andy

The most common badge is that of being a Gold, Silver or Bronze Patron for any given year. This is recognition of financial support in that year. The 2017 support drive will be on the right hand side of your screen, including a link to a post from djensen explaining how it works.

There are a plethora of other badges that I have gradually concluded do not necessarily denote a specific role or activity, but rather a recognition by djensen of some notable contribution or other: Triple A Donor (actually that one sounds like it may well be specific), Liaison, Organizer, Admin, Moderator (once specific I think, but now largely defunct), etc.

Sometimes it can feel like some of this stuff is clouded in secrecy, but we do not need to understand it so long as the forum runs smoothly.

• @Private:

… Triple A Donor (actually that one sounds like it may well be specific),…

Indeed, djensen granted this badge to those who supported Veqryn’s TripleA donation drive back in 2012.

• I’ll wait till the end of the year. Want to see how many Triple A people donate.

• Thank you for the answers.  Again, I am new to the forums and just didn’t know what they were for.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m