Russian - when are they part of the allies…...

• …as it pertains to rolling into pro-allied neutrals in non-combat movement?

They cannot declare war on Germany until turn 4. They can declare war on Japan in turn 1. Does that mean they can roll into pro-allied territories in round 2? Don’t think they can reach any in turn 1.

Technically they might only be allies with China. That good enough?

• '20

Have to be at war with Euro-Axis to move into non-russian territory on European half of map.

• @Colt45:

Have to be at war with Euro-Axis to move into non-russian territory on European half of map.

Thanks for the reply. Seems rational. Is that why you say that or is there a written rule?

• '20

It’s in the rulebook in the Global section.

• You might as well issue an R1 DoW against Japan; at our gaming group we generally assume that Russia is at war unless stated otherwise.  So far I haven’t seen any reason in non-BM games to not opt for immediate war.

• '19 '17 '16

@Pac:

As a result, if the Soviet Union is at war with Axis powers on only one map, it is still under the restrictions of being
    a neutral power (see “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 15) on the other map. In other words, a state of war with
    Japan lifts those restrictions from the Soviet Union on the Pacific map only, and a state of war with Germany and/or Italy lifts
    those restrictions on the Europe map only.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@Arthur:

You might as well issue an R1 DoW against Japan; at our gaming group we generally assume that Russia is at war unless stated otherwise.  So far I haven’t seen any reason in non-BM games to not opt for immediate war.

This makes perfect sense with experienced players, but I do remember a game where I, playing Russia, managed to delay a Japanese attack for quite a few turns by claiming that we had always been on good terms and that I had never done anything at all to damage Japan’s interests.  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m