• '17 '16 Customizer

Ive finish my cash, this actually started on accident, as I was not really looking to design any, but the topic here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39408.0

Led me down the path, as I already had a custom tray that housed the original bucks (the old green, red, blue). Unfortunately, having this already build, means no poker chips (also, my battle boxes are designed to hold paper cash…. battle box topic: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=38977.0 ) Also, means no battle bucks from HBG as they are different size. Had I not of been looking forward to getting some battle bucks, the old money would have been fine, but my heart was set on new cash.

So here they are. I kept the same color denomination as the original, ones =green, etc. The prints run 10 per, so all those 10 per have different serial numbers… why not right! Also, they are double side printed with some “fun facts”, which I heard HBG WWII bucks were not double sided. Which was a disappointment to hear, as that was one reason I wanted to get new cash.

Also, I didn’t like the idea of some jackoffs face on the bill, I would rather a production item, I went with “land, sea, air”.
    I also plan to do a few more variants, right now, the 5 has a P-38, maybe do a JU-87 and a Zero, land, do a tiger and a -34.

Not sure if the data on the back is 100%, but its close, as depending where I got data, it varied a little +/-

Thanks for looking, and thanks again Marc for the ship idea, its great!

• These look great!  Excellent work, sireblood.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Super job, sir! Super job! I wish I had your talents. :-D

• '17 '16

I’m in the opposite boat… if I didn’t already have a tray full of IPC Poker Chips, I’d be interested in these, as they look quite good.

To be fair, I have the original 1980s IPC paper money, AND HBG’s IPC paper money (as well as the IPC poker chips)… and while HBG’s paper money is only one-sided, maybe people forget that the original 1980s paper money is only one-sided as well.  Two-sided is nicer, but it’s not exactly a big problem if the money is only one-sided… it’s still massively better than 2nd Edition’s “great idea” to track all IPCs with pen-and-paper (thanks for that flub, Avalon Hill).

All in all, this paper money is great, any paper money is great, and so are the poker chips… anything is better than pen-and-paper… options are always great, and now we have one more.  Thanks Sireblood!

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Really cool idea Siredblood! And well executed!

The only thing I wonder is how easy they are to play with considering the color indicating the value is only visible in a relatively small area. Although you might get familiar with the images of the plane, truck and ship.

Would you consider creating a 20 note as well? I find that easy during game play, especially when nations like germany, japan and the US can have big incomes. Although that might brake with your land, air, sea theme. As nothing else then a battle ship could be on the largest note right  :-D

BTW: HBG is planning to do a double sided print run in the future

• '17 '16

@Tjoek:

The only thing I wonder is how easy they are to play with considering the color indicating the value is only visible in a relatively small area. Although you might get familiar with the images of the plane, truck and ship.

Personally, I think the 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s, stand-out just fine in Sireblood’s money… it stands out more than similar denominations of US currency.  I would see no problem using Sireblood’s money (if I didn’t already have a big investment in poker chip IPCs).

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate it!

We have played twice now with the new cash, and it never came up about distinguishing between the 3.

About making a 20, my tray was designed for 3 bills, after the original, so making another note does not work for me. If I did, I would make it a facility image.

I made 120 bills (40, 40, 40), cost was 14 bucks. Two games of global now, we never ran out (though tens got low). I think another run of tens should take care of any future “close calls”.

• '17 '16

@siredblood:

About making a 20, my tray was designed for 3 bills, after the original, so making another note does not work for me.

I know the original game only had 1’s, 5’s and 10’s, but that doesn’t mean its optimal.  A lot of the reason you run low on 10s is because you don’t have 20s, which I’m sure would be in much more widespread use if it was a denomination… US Currency operates on 1’s, 5’s, 10’s, and 20’s, so if a cash drawer/tray was an issue, you can find many, MANY cheap cash trays that come with 4-slots (due to US currency primarily operating on a 4-bill system).

I’m currently using the IWNGU poker-chip-style IPCs, which come in 1’s, 5’s, 10’s and 25’s… (yes, 25’s, I know it’s weird, but oh well, pretty much works like 20’s do).

@siredblood:

I made 120 bills (40, 40, 40), cost was 14 bucks. Two games of global now, we never ran out (though tens got low). I think another run of tens should take care of any future “close calls”.

If you stuck to the 3-bill system, and wanted to keep costs down, you could do a run of 40, 30, 50, and that would probably work just fine and cost the same.  Of course the initial run cost isn’t very expensive anyways, so ya, you could just print more of whatever you need.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@ Wolf - believe me I see the value in a 20, but im not redoing my wood work to hold 4 bills. If this had been a predetermined task, I would have planned for it, but unfortunately at the time, the original cash sufficed. :( If I was ever to redo my tray for any reason, I would plan for 4 bills though.

• These look really nice Sired! Great job!

If I had any inkling to use paper money (I don’t) I would be all over them! ;)

• '17 '16 Customizer

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

These look really nice Sired! Great job!

If I had any inkling to use paper money (I don’t) I would be all over them! ;)

Thanks!

I just posted a vid for them to be downloaded, I also gave props to your poker chips, and left a link in the description box for them. If my table was not made already, I would have used your chips!

• Thanks for sharing! To me, they look good printed from my printer.

• Nice - they really look “official.”

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Wildcat6305:

Thanks for sharing! To me, they look good printed from my printer.

Inkjet? I didn’t try, I generally never print from home (just is size testing, usually a rectangle frame or something)… I use so much color in my art projects, I think its cheaper to get it printed rather then use all my ink, in addition, laser don’t smear when wet, and leaves behind a nice waxy feel on the paper.

Im glad it worked out for you though, im always super stoked when someone gets use out of something I put up, and thanks for the comment!

• Thanks DK! I really wanted to include the “axis & allies” on the bill somewhere, guess I can get away with it since its free :)
  • '17 '16 Customizer

20’s are now available. :)

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@siredblood:

Cool! Might be just me overlooking something, but could you please (re)share where I can download the file?

• '17 '16 Customizer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1u4swp01dfs40f/Siredblood_Custom%20Cash.rar?dl=0

I forget where the original link is lol, too funny… been more active on youtube these days, musta put it there… now I have to find it here…

• @siredblood:

Might as well do a 50 and complete the set…

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

:-D I’m glad it wasn’t just me. Looking great. I’ve been playing Global with HBG battle bucks and love the 20’s. There is no need for 50’s in my opinion. They are not practical when figgering out your buy. I like to place units on top of their costs (our small groups of units on their total costs) so I see what I’ve already spend.

@siredblood:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1u4swp01dfs40f/Siredblood_Custom%20Cash.rar?dl=0

I forget where the original link is lol, too funny… been more active on youtube these days, musta put it there… now I have to find it here…

• Oh no man…nothing like getting paid with a big fat 50 and a 20 when you are doing good!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m