• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

I’m tempted to order some extra chips for Global 1940 from HBG, but I read that the grey, red and green chips from HBG are slightly differently colored then their OOB counter parts. Could someone who owns both be so kind to post a comparison picture? Just to ensure I’m okay with the difference our want to go all in and replace them all with HBG chips.

Many thanks!

• '19

Hey my friend! I’m actually in the same situation like you lol.  I also need more chips for my global game.  I just received some red and blue chips from Amazon yesterday.  The red chips are exactly the same as the global game and so are the blue, except they are blue.  The reason why I also got blue is because I can use them for bombing raids points or even for ten units instead of five which the red offers.  I also have looked at HBG, and plan to order some from them this weekend.  According to the reviews on HBG, the chips are exactly the same for global.  :)

• I am sure you have both had this thought, but if you do own previous games of AnA, you could take the chips from that game box. However, not every game version have the chips fit snugly ( what I came upon ). I think and pretty sure Young Grass Hopper has chips from HBG.

BH

• @ShadowHAwk:

It would actualy be better if they are slightly off color.

That way you know which chips belong to eachother as chips of different versions dont match exactly.

If you got people that dont understand that 2 different shades of red are still red just shoot them.

Im taking it you have not played the 1914 version of A&A then….

• Not sure what OOB is, but I got some green red and “grey” chips off amazon and the grey is really white and the green is boarding neon green and the red is more bright red than the ones from the box. We use the ones from amazon for the allies, and the darker ones for axis.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

out of the box

not all mini poker chips are compatible with one another, the grooves wont fit and so when stuff gets mixed it doesn’t stack too good

nothing can unfatten my fingers though

• I ordered some red and black from them and 2 bags of the red green gray mixed. the mixed bag is the exact same as what came with the game. the red is a little brighter than oob. I read a review that said most of the single color chips won’t match the oob chips to close but if you can catch the mixed bag it will be the same.

• @ShadowHAwk:

@Tirano:

@ShadowHAwk:

It would actualy be better if they are slightly off color.

That way you know which chips belong to eachother as chips of different versions dont match exactly.

If you got people that dont understand that 2 different shades of red are still red just shoot them.

Im taking it you have not played the 1914 version of A&A then….

AFAIK the colors are red and blue there. And 1914 is the only exception where different sides have different color chips.

There are two shades for each side though. 2 shades of blue and 2 shades of red.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Thanks for all the reactions! Could someone with both original and HBG chips make a picture for comparison? That would be really helpful.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Tjoek:

Thanks for all the reactions! Could someone with both original and HBG chips make a picture for comparison? That would be really helpful.

I no longer have my OOB for a pic, but they are different, different enough for me to throw away the OOB and just get all new from HBG… if your anything like me, a little OCD or whatever, youll hate the fact they don’t match. At a few bucks for 50, cant lose.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m