How large are the battle bucks from HBG?

• '17 '16 Customizer

/
    / |
      |
      |

Are they larger then the old AA money? (which is 2x4)

Thanks

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@siredblood:

Are they larger then the old AA money? (which is 2x4)

I expect a quick answer from someone else on the forum. If not, I’ll receive my HBG battle bucks at the end of this week and can check this for you.

But judging from their images on the website the battle bucks have different dimensions. They do look slimmer and definitely are not ratio 1:2.

• '18 '17 '16

They are 1-7/8" x 4-1/4".

WW2 are printed on one side. WW1 are printed on both sides. Either would be fine for any A&A game.

• '17 '16 Customizer

thanks for the replies…. 4 1/4, damn, 4 is my max.

Ive been using the original money, the red/blue/green. I hate them, the art is horrid. The HGB art is great, and at 10 bucks. But ive already made my table, trays etc, which hold the 2x4 cash (ones, fives, tens) so im stuck in that range. I could order some then resize them and reprint them… but single sided too. Meh… buy the time I get them, have to design a back, reprint them, might as well design them from scratch.

Ok, so its time for some Sireds custom cash lol.

Thanks again for the quick replies.

• '18 '17 '16

After using the IPC chips from IWNGU I can’t see wanting to use paper money again. They are much cleaner and easier to count. They take up less space on the table too. If only they were the same price…

• '17 '16 Customizer

@GeneralHandGrenade:

After using the IPC chips from IWNGU I can’t see wanting to use paper money again. They are much cleaner and easier to count. They take up less space on the table too. If only they were the same price…

I would have went with chips, if I had known about them prior to my woodwork on my table. In addition my battle boxes have slots in them to hold the paper money, which works great with keeping UK economy separated, as there are 2 slots in the UK tray.

So as much as I like the chips, I have to do paper. I already started the cash psd after your comment, should be done today, print tomorrow.

Oh also, your package is UPS

• @GeneralHandGrenade:

Hahaha … if only we COULD sell them at the same price! Ah, to dream. ;)
    /thumbsup

• '17 '16 Customizer

Took longer then I thought, about 10hrs or so, but the master template is done now. Thinking of using a submarine for the 1, and a fighter for the 5. I liked the idea of machinery rather then some jerkoffs face, since its a production credit.

There is a back, and I can print 20 per page, so ill have different serial numbers per page. The rez shown here is about 1/4 of my file, I should have a crystal clear print for the smallest details, like in the card deck.

Didn’t intend to start a new project, oh well be done today… got the day off.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Man, that is got to be the sweetest looking war buck, I’ve seen. Fantastic job! :-D

• '17 '16 Customizer

@John:

Man, that is got to be the sweetest looking war buck, I’ve seen. Fantastic job! :-D

Thanks John! Im having issues with the plane, and not really happy with the sub…. too big I think. My plan was a land, sea, air kinda thing. 3 denominations, 3 units, just not feeling it. May have to go the face route afterall, getting crowded in the buck. Still tinkering, got all day!

• @siredblood:

Thanks John! Im having issues with the plane, and not really happy with the sub…. too big I think. My plan was a land, sea, air kinda thing. 3 denominations, 3 units, just not feeling it. May have to go the face route afterall, getting crowded in the buck. Still tinkering, got all day!

The sample image you posted looks terrific!  I really like the air/sea/land concept too.  If the problem you’re having with the sub is its length, one solution would be to use a bow-on view of a major warship, which would occupy less space.  Something along these lines might do, for example:

http://www.kbismarck.com/photo090.html

http://www.kbismarck.com/photo017.html

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks Marc! Going to try that out right now! … I just had “sub” stuck in my head

• @siredblood:

Thanks Marc! Going to try that out right now! … I just had “sub” stuck in my head

My pleasure.  (As a fan of large surface-combat ships, my biases guided my suggestion.)

By the way, just as a technical point: the phrase that you use in the currency sounds great, and is very similar to the kinds of official phrases found on real money, but there are a couple of adjustments that you might want to consider if you think they’re worthwhile.  First, such phrases typically include the amount as part of the phrase.  Second, the certificate says that the amount is being credited to the Treasury of Axis & Allies, but the purpose of the bill is actually to certify that the money is being credited to the player.  (The Treasury of Axis & Allies is in fact the issuing body, not the beneficiary.)  One possible way (and there are potentially lots of others) to address both points would be to use a phrase like “This certifies that 10 IPCs have been credited to the bearer by the Treasury of Axis & Allies”.  It’s a bit longer than the current phrase, but not by much.  There’s some free space to the left of the current line “This certifies that”, so there should be room to fit a revised phrasing.  Other than the minor quibble with that phrase, the design looks terrific and I look forward to seeing the other-denomination versions.  (The part that says “Redeemable to the bearer on demand”, by the way, is perfect.)  Thanks for undertaking this project!

• And just to revise my own suggestion: such phrases usually use spelled-out numbers, so I should have said “This certifies that ten IPCs have been credited to the bearer by the Treasury of Axis & Allies”

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks for all the feedback Marc, also, the ship idea worked flawlessly, still have the work to do, but the mockup looks epic, better then the tank, going to have to make those adjustments.

I did in fact have the TEN IPC spelled out in there, but it was getting heavy in there. Since you called me out on it missing, guess it has to go back in there haha! Ill have more room now with the units staying more left. Im pretty stoked about this little side project, should be done by this evening, be epic to get them printed up tomorrow after work!

Should be less then 20 bucks to print off a couple hundred bills (20 per sheet) double sided…. think I currently have in the realm of 60 each in my tray (though I have another 40 each as backup, but never ran out of money). Ill update new pic soon.

Thanks again!

• Glad to hear that the ship picture worked nicely!

I own a set of the IWNGU IPC chips mentioned by GHG, and I agree that they’re a great product, both in terms of functionality and of their excellent design-and-production values.  That being said, I still have a soft spot for paper currency, which dates back to my childhood days playing both with Monopoly money and with Canadian Tire “money” (which, unlike the Monopoly money, actually was redeemable for a few cents of purchasing power at Canadian Tire stores).  It’s just a personal preference, but as I mentioned in another thread somewhere, there’s nothing like a huge pile of paper cash to make me feel rich, even if it’s only fake cash.

• A question, by the way: The tank in your prototype looks like a Tiger II, and it sounds like you’ll be using the Bismarck as a ship – so I’m wondering what plane you’ll be using for the third denomination.  Do you have one chosen yet?  If the land and sea units are German, the air unit should probably be German too; otherwise, the distribution (2 German, one non-German) would look a little lopsided.  Off the top of my head, a Stuka would be a good choice: it’s iconically WWII and iconically German, and it’s a short, compact plane (from every angle) so it would be easy to fit into the picture space.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Quite honestly not sure, its crossed my mind to de a few variants, maybe the 10s I have a tiger, t38, Sherman, same with the others. Then where I currently have “TEN” under the tank, rather then the number, but the name of the unit…. “TIGER II”

Also, been toying with the idea of adding in the UNIT profile on the back… a little history of the t38, etc. … but like I said “toying with the idea” lol… it will take me few days to do all that.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I ended up not being happy with it, so I redid the entire BG, the other was good for what I was doing to begin with, but as I changed designs for the front of the ship, I wasn’t happy with the layout anymore. I thought it was looking more gamey and less like a certificate.

Im not quite done with the ship, and have yet to start the plane, but here is the current progress. There is still lots of cleanup on this pic you see, in addition to some shading I need to do, but im done for the day, wanted to close out with a pic.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@ Marc, im still working on the phrase thing, didn’t get to it :P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m