How large are the battle bucks from HBG?

• And just to revise my own suggestion: such phrases usually use spelled-out numbers, so I should have said “This certifies that ten IPCs have been credited to the bearer by the Treasury of Axis & Allies”

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks for all the feedback Marc, also, the ship idea worked flawlessly, still have the work to do, but the mockup looks epic, better then the tank, going to have to make those adjustments.

I did in fact have the TEN IPC spelled out in there, but it was getting heavy in there. Since you called me out on it missing, guess it has to go back in there haha! Ill have more room now with the units staying more left. Im pretty stoked about this little side project, should be done by this evening, be epic to get them printed up tomorrow after work!

Should be less then 20 bucks to print off a couple hundred bills (20 per sheet) double sided…. think I currently have in the realm of 60 each in my tray (though I have another 40 each as backup, but never ran out of money). Ill update new pic soon.

Thanks again!

• Glad to hear that the ship picture worked nicely!

I own a set of the IWNGU IPC chips mentioned by GHG, and I agree that they’re a great product, both in terms of functionality and of their excellent design-and-production values.  That being said, I still have a soft spot for paper currency, which dates back to my childhood days playing both with Monopoly money and with Canadian Tire “money” (which, unlike the Monopoly money, actually was redeemable for a few cents of purchasing power at Canadian Tire stores).  It’s just a personal preference, but as I mentioned in another thread somewhere, there’s nothing like a huge pile of paper cash to make me feel rich, even if it’s only fake cash.

• A question, by the way: The tank in your prototype looks like a Tiger II, and it sounds like you’ll be using the Bismarck as a ship – so I’m wondering what plane you’ll be using for the third denomination.  Do you have one chosen yet?  If the land and sea units are German, the air unit should probably be German too; otherwise, the distribution (2 German, one non-German) would look a little lopsided.  Off the top of my head, a Stuka would be a good choice: it’s iconically WWII and iconically German, and it’s a short, compact plane (from every angle) so it would be easy to fit into the picture space.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Quite honestly not sure, its crossed my mind to de a few variants, maybe the 10s I have a tiger, t38, Sherman, same with the others. Then where I currently have “TEN” under the tank, rather then the number, but the name of the unit…. “TIGER II”

Also, been toying with the idea of adding in the UNIT profile on the back… a little history of the t38, etc. … but like I said “toying with the idea” lol… it will take me few days to do all that.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I ended up not being happy with it, so I redid the entire BG, the other was good for what I was doing to begin with, but as I changed designs for the front of the ship, I wasn’t happy with the layout anymore. I thought it was looking more gamey and less like a certificate.

Im not quite done with the ship, and have yet to start the plane, but here is the current progress. There is still lots of cleanup on this pic you see, in addition to some shading I need to do, but im done for the day, wanted to close out with a pic.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@ Marc, im still working on the phrase thing, didn’t get to it :P

• '18 '17 '16

Those are wicked looking battle bucks Sired. If I wasn’t sold on the chips I’d be all over those like a fat kid on a chocolate bar.

• @siredblood:

Marc, im still working on the phrase thing, didn’t get to it

No problem.  The caption identifying the Tiger II is a neat addition to the design.  I also really like the overall texture (if that’s the right word) of the bill, which looks quite convincing as a piece of fine engraving.  The coloured seal showing the number (red above and blue on the previous page) also works very well: it adds a nice splash of bold colour to the appropriately sober-looking green overall colour scheme, but without being overwhelming or cartoonish, which is an excellent balance to strike.  As somebody who never progressed much beyond drawing stick figures with crayons in elementary school, I’m very impressed.

• '17 '16

Unless I hold it up to the light and see the watermark, I’m crying counterfeit!

• @Wolfshanze:

Unless I hold it up to the light and see the watermark, I’m crying counterfeit!

Technically money is only counterfeit if it’s fake money that tries to pass itself off as real money.  Since IPCs have never been real money to begin with, I’m not worried.  I would even argue that sireblood’s designs are a considerable improvement over the original OOB IPCs, so they are much better, um, value for money.

• '17 '16

I think sometimes you are too serious… You make me sad CWO Marc…  :-(

:wink:

• @Wolfshanze:

I think sometimes you are too serious…

Only during business hours.  And even then, not uniformly.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks for the comments!

Im going with the Soviet ZIS, US P-38, and the Bismarch for my units (as those came with the game). These series im calling 1st on the bills, as I would like to in the future end up covering more OOB units used in the game. I think by 5th the set will be pretty cool. Little history on the back of the bills about the units.

I have a game this weekend, ill test out the bills, see if they are a yay, or nay. If the interest is not really there to read about the units in between turns, or no interest in the bills for that matter, then 1st series is as far as ill get lol.

All 3 fronts are done, now just the back which im going now (kinda designed the mockup at work), I want to get these printed tomorrow.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Ok, think I have it, im pretty happy with this layout, I wanted to add more data to the back, but I can only do a few lines and have it readable. Going to do a test print tomorrow, see how it goes, make sure everything is legible… Ill address as necessary… I feel I may need to adjust some of the text on the front, im pretty sure the back is fine.

Once its all dialed in, its print cash time!

• '17 '16 Customizer

Oh, just realized it says Strat Bomber lol…… oops

• '17 '16

I was about to say… “Oh, now the P-38 is a strategic bomber?!?!  Man, I had it wrong all these years!”.

• In case this is useful for your project, my unit identification charts over here…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31982.0

…indicate the WWII function of each weapon or vehicle in more specific way than that the OOB unit-type classifications.  The chart for Allied fighters describes the Lockheed P-38 Lightning as a multi-role fighter.

• '17 '16

@CWO:

The chart for Allied fighters describes the Lockheed P-38 Lightning as a multi-role fighter.

Pfft… useless chart… we all know the P-38 is a strategic bomber!

:wink:

• Amusingly enough, that’s pretty much what Hitler said when he was told about the Me-262 jet.  It was best suited for use as a fighter – specifically as an interceptor against incoming bombers – but Hitler’s reaction was basically, “Aha, this is the perfect design for a fast bomber!”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m