Tjoek's 1940 Global Map file and setup charts (Updated May 30th 2018)

• Gibraltar looks great. Another vote for option 3!

• I also add a vote for option 3. Love the new Gibraltar (but I already told you that off-site) :-D

Also I like the special surprise.

• Another vote for option 3

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

So option 3 it will be! This option was the logical conclusion moving from 1 to 2 to 3 in the design process.

• '17 '16

@bgugs:

Another vote for option 3

For me too.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

The map has been printed in different size and they all look great! As soon as I have time I will post some pictures for you and update the file in my first post.

Some last minute adjustments I made:

• Made Panama Canal a bit smaller

• Enlarged the adjacent to sea zone numbers for better readability

• Rename both Volgograd and Samar to Stalingrad and Kuybyshev respectively as suggested by 8thGuards

I’m really happy with how the project turned out and cannot wait to play our first game on the enlarged map (220 by 100cm) next Saturday! Thanks everyone for your input.

Regards,
    Joost

• I’m looking forward to next saturday.

• @Tjoek:

@The:

1. While the standing army icons aren’t necessary for the neutrals, my personal preference would be to have the number of units printed on each country, perhaps in a box or triangle and in a contrasting color from the name/IPC value.

If you want those number why not simply keep the standing army icons in tact? I will release a few files that are close to OOB as the changes to the standing army is layer I can switch on or off.

I think you’ve done a brilliant job. I would definitely be interested in a version which had the neutral standing armies on the map.

However, I will still be looking forward to the conclusion to this project (so I can get a map printed  :-D).

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Updated first post for my first release of the map. Let me know what you think and don’t forget to send me pics of your printed copy of this map!

Let me know your specific wishes/change request and I might be able to work on them for a small fee.

• awesome!
    would you mind also sharing the PSD(?) file? or indicate where I can find one?
    I’d like to work on a global 42 map version but based on the AAG40 map…
    thanks!

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@Loig:

awesome!

Thanks mate!

@Loig:

would you mind also sharing the PSD(?) file? or indicate where I can find one?
    I’d like to work on a global 42 map version but based on the AAG40 map…

Simply load my png file in Photoshop and you’re good to go. The quality doesn’t get better as the original file was jpeg to begin with.

In case you’re looking for a layered PSD document, that doesn’t exist. The original file was a scan of the board, not a proper design document with layers for borders, country colors, names etc.

• Good day, I want to know on what scale it is better to print this map (1m 30cm/ 60cm)?
    Or is there a much better scale?

• thanks for the reply. did you layer it?
    :mrgreen:

• I have been keeping a attentive eye on this project. After taking a good look at the map, I wanted to provide some feedback  The quality of your work is exceedingly impressive! I am currently shopping around for a printer to bring this to reality. Thanks for all the countless hours you spent on this project and for supporting this community in such a tangible way.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@Krutoy_Walker:

Good day, I want to know on what scale it is better to print this map (1m 30cm/ 60cm)?
    Or is there a much better scale?

The original Global 1940 map is around 177cm by 81cm, so I would definitely don’t go below that.

However I do recommend a slightly larger print out at 219cm by 100cm. This really helps with unit placement as every territory is just a bit larger.

But after all it’s up to the size of your table what will fit.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@Loig:

thanks for the reply. did you layer it?

Short answer is no. I did make my changes in layers, but most where merged along the way to keep the total file size manageable (just under 1GB)

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@Macaoidh:

The quality of your work is exceedingly impressive!

Thanks!

@Macaoidh:

I am currently shopping around for a printer to bring this to reality. Thanks for all the countless hours you spent on this project and for supporting this community in such a tangible way.

Please share your pictures in this thread when you’ve found a suitable printer, I would love to see this file coming to live on other tables and gaming groups.

• @Tjoek:

@Loig:

thanks for the reply. did you layer it?

Short answer is no. I did make my changes in layers, but most where merged along the way to keep the total file size manageable (just under 1GB)

thanks buddy!

• '17 '16

@Macaoidh:

I have been keeping a attentive eye on this project. After taking a good look at the map, I wanted to provide some feedback  The quality of your work is exceedingly impressive! I am currently shopping around for a printer to bring this to reality. Thanks for all the countless hours you spent on this project and for supporting this community in such a tangible way.

Thumbs up.
    Plus 1 to  you, Tjoek.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Our group and other local players in the Netherlands have printed over 8 maps now and we all love it!

And the game plays really well on a map 219cm by 100cm large. So much more room to navigate your units around. It’s a real difference that has more impact in how your play and perceive the game that I expected. I will make some pictures of it next time we play the game. I just forgot to do it. Might be a while due to the holidays.

@Macaoidh: just curious, did you find a print shop?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m