ABH (Axis) vs ShadowHAwk (Allies +60)

• The battle for Egypt is coming soon!

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 10

Purchase Units - Italians
                Italians buy 1 bomber and 1 mech_infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Italians
                1 armour moved from Iraq to Persia
                1 armour moved from Iraq to Trans-Jordan
                1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to Persia
                2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to Trans-Jordan
                1 fighter moved from Southern Italy to Trans-Jordan

Combat - Italians
                Battle in Persia
                    Italians attack with 1 armour and 1 bomber
                    British defend with 1 armour and 1 factory_minor
                    Italians win, taking Persia from British with 1 armour and 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour
                Battle in Trans-Jordan
                    Italians attack with 1 armour and 3 fighters
                    British defend with 1 armour
                    Italians win, taking Trans-Jordan from British with 1 armour and 3 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour

Non Combat Move - Italians
                3 fighters moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
                1 bomber moved from Persia to Iraq
                1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to France
                1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to France
                1 artillery moved from Northern Italy to France
                2 aaGuns, 3 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy

Place Units - Italians
                1 bomber and 1 mech_infantry placed in Southern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
                Italians collect 16 PUs; end with 16 PUs total
                Objective Italians 4 Control Iraq Or Persia Or Northwest Persia: Italians met a national objective for an additional 4 PUs; end with 20 PUs

triplea_39334_Ita10.tsvg

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 11

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 3 armour, 2 bombers, 2 infantry, 11 mech_infantrys and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                1 infantry moved from Archangel to Smolensk
                      Germans take Smolensk from Russians
                1 armour moved from Timguska to Novosibirsk
                      Germans take Novosibirsk from Russians
                1 armour moved from Novosibirsk to Timguska
                1 armour moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
                1 armour moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
                1 armour moved from Iraq to Egypt
                1 armour moved from Iraq to Eastern Persia
                3 bombers moved from Iraq to Anglo Egyptian Sudan
                1 bomber moved from Iraq to Anglo Egyptian Sudan
                1 bomber moved from Iraq to Rostov
                2 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Iraq to Egypt
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Iraq to Eastern Persia
                1 fighter moved from Iraq to Egypt
                4 infantry moved from Novgorod to Belarus
                1 bomber moved from Novgorod to Belarus
                1 fighter moved from Novgorod to Belarus
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Bryansk
                3 artilleries moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
                3 artilleries, 2 fighters, 8 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Caucasus to Volgograd
                1 bomber moved from Belarus to Volgograd
                1 fighter moved from Novgorod to Belarus
                1 infantry moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
                1 fighter moved from Novgorod to Rostov
                8 bombers moved from Western Germany to Rostov
                3 artilleries and 5 infantry moved from Ukraine to Rostov
                1 bomber moved from Rostov to Volgograd
                1 bomber moved from Rostov to Volgograd
                1 bomber moved from Rostov to Bryansk
                1 mech_infantry moved from Bessarabia to Belarus

Combat - Germans
                Battle in Belarus
                    Germans attack with 2 fighters, 4 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    Russians defend with 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Belarus from Russians with 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                    Casualties for Russians: 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                Battle in Bryansk
                    Germans attack with 3 artilleries, 1 bomber, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                    Russians defend with 3 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Bryansk from Russians with 3 artilleries, 1 bomber and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for Russians: 3 infantry
                Battle in Rostov
                    Germans attack with 3 artilleries, 6 bombers, 1 fighter and 5 infantry
                    Russians defend with 3 artilleries and 5 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Rostov from Russians with 2 artilleries, 6 bombers and 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery and 5 infantry
                    Casualties for Russians: 3 artilleries and 5 infantry
                Battle in Yunnan
                    Germans attack with 2 armour
                    British defend with 1 mech_infantry
                    Germans win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 2 armour remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                    Casualties for British: 1 mech_infantry
                Battle in Volgograd
                    Germans attack with 3 artilleries, 3 bombers, 2 fighters, 8 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Russians defend with 4 artilleries, 1 factory_minor and 10 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Volgograd from Russians with 3 artilleries, 3 bombers, 2 fighters, 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 34
                    Casualties for Germans: 4 infantry
                    Casualties for Russians: 4 artilleries and 10 infantry
                Battle in Egypt
                    Germans attack with 3 armour, 3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers
                    British defend with 1 airfield, 1 factory_minor, 1 fighter, 1 harbour and 3 infantry
                    Germans win, taking Egypt from British with 2 armour, 3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 13
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 armour
                    Casualties for British: 1 fighter and 3 infantry
                Battle in Eastern Persia
                    Germans attack with 1 armour and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British defend with 1 mech_infantry
                    Germans win, taking Eastern Persia from British with 1 armour and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                    Casualties for British: 1 mech_infantry
                Battle in Anglo Egyptian Sudan
                    Germans attack with 4 bombers
                    British defend with 1 bomber and 1 fighter
                    Germans win with 3 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 10
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 bomber
                    Casualties for British: 1 bomber and 1 fighter

Non Combat Move - Germans
                3 bombers moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Iraq
                3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers moved from Egypt to Iraq
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Eastern Persia to Iraq
                3 armour and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Ukraine to Caucasus
                2 fighters moved from Belarus to Caucasus
                1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Volgograd to Iraq
                1 bomber moved from Bryansk to Ukraine
                2 bombers moved from Volgograd to Caucasus
                6 bombers and 1 fighter moved from Rostov to Caucasus
                3 infantry moved from Germany to Western Germany
                3 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to Poland

Place Units - Germans
                1 submarine placed in 113 Sea Zone
                2 bombers placed in Germany
                1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Novgorod
                1 mech_infantry placed in Germany
                1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Ukraine
                Germans undo move 5.
                2 armour and 1 mech_infantry placed in Ukraine
                8 mech_infantrys placed in Western Germany
                1 infantry placed in France
                Germans undo move 7.
                1 infantry placed in Germany
                Germans undo move 2.
                2 bombers placed in Western Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
                Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                    Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,1
                Germans collect 74 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 74 PUs total
                Trigger Germans 4 Presence In Egypt: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 79 PUs
                Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 84 PUs
                Objective Germans 6 Control Iraq Or Persia Or Northwest Persia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 86 PUs
                Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 96 PUs
                Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 101 PUs

triplea_39334_Ger11.tsvg

• 101 income for Germany that round!  In another couple rounds Germany will be out-earning UK+Russia+US and victory will be guaranteed.  I am sure that we will go through a few more tough battles before Egypt is solidly in Axis hands and Moscow is crushed, but I don’t see a way for you to stop eventual victory in Europe.

• Yeah, I knew that Egypt was going to be difficult to hold for very long.  I was going to next focus on taking Moscow which is probably a three round campaign of attacks.  Eventually though it was going to fall since I had more planes than you had Russian troops.  Italy was going to build a factory in that region, assuming that you did take back Persia with a UK transport this round.  With so many Axis bombers, I could easily move my attack from all of the major battle zones.

Anyway, you played much better this time around.  Colt and I have been noticing a big improvement in your strategy and tactics.  Are you ready for a new game with +80 bid for the Allies?

• Yeah, Colt made some huge mistakes.  I am surprised that he is struggling this much since the game should have been so easily won after the great starts by Italy and Japan.

+80 might be a bit much, but I would be up for the challenge.  I might have to surrender after a few rounds if I can’t make any progress on either side of the map, but maybe I will have a gameplan that still can succeed.  I will create a thread and post your bid when you have time.  There is no rush; this game has been taking so much time for both of us.

• I am in Denver, USA but work from home so have some flexibility in my schedule.  Where in Europe do you live?

• I figured from your perfect English that you were probably from the Netherlands.  I am surprised by the number of G40 players from your country.

I assume that you are talking about European Football when you referenced #2.  We don’t get much coverage of the matches except for World Cup and the Olympics.

• Well the current US administration is a tragicomedy of unprecedented proportions.  We have many politicians that I completely disagree with their viewpoints, but I have never seen someone in the highest level of government partner with Russia to influence an election.  We had the Watergate scandal of Nixon before, but this new Goldengate scandal is 100x worse.  I see that the betting markets are expecting more than a 50% chance of impeachment.  Hopefully it will happen before this moron goes to war with Mexico.  I can’t believe that I would even be typing that last sentence.  Sad!

My dad actually went to high school with Trump in New York during the 1960s.  He could not imagine that this imbecile is now “running” the country.

• '20

@ShadowHAwk:

@Arthur:

Yeah, I knew that Egypt was going to be difficult to hold for very long.  I was going to next focus on taking Moscow which is probably a three round campaign of attacks.  Eventually though it was going to fall since I had more planes than you had Russian troops.  Italy was going to build a factory in that region, assuming that you did take back Persia with a UK transport this round.  With so many Axis bombers, I could easily move my attack from all of the major battle zones.

Anyway, you played much better this time around.  Colt and I have been noticing a big improvement in your strategy and tactics.  Are you ready for a new game with +80 bid for the Allies?

Colt still needs to win his 0 bid game.
    Will have to check where the problem is first and this gaming takes away a bit much of my time atm. Will be a slow game.
    Think 80 would be a bit much but we will see.
    Start next week monday?

@Arthur:

Yeah, Colt made some huge mistakes.  I am surprised that he is struggling this much since the game should have been so easily won after the great starts by Italy and Japan.

+80 might be a bit much, but I would be up for the challenge.  I might have to surrender after a few rounds if I can’t make any progress on either side of the map, but maybe I will have a gameplan that still can succeed.  I will create a thread and post your bid when you have time.  There is no rush; this game has been taking so much time for both of us.

I didn’t mean to say you’re improving and I’m better. On the contrary, you showed I am much behind you in skill. I was mainly agreeing with ABH’s observation that you are getting better each game vs him. Yeah, little embarrassed at the number of mistakes I have made  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m