• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@simon33:

@simon33:

I think that is heroic. I would have done the USSR strengthens Yunnan strategy but I still think that the allies will have this one.

Wow. I was wrong! Axis win against a +60 bid.

+60?  +80?  Holly SHITT!

I’d say anything more than 30 would be nigh impossible for the Axis… with 30 you can crush Italy, save 1 of the UK fleets… and more!  :-o

• I see some of the games reaching up to 40 bids now between good players.  You can’t aim to do a G6-7 Moscow march, but instead aim to equalize the incomes and think about a G10-14 attack on Moscow.  Italy is just going to fail in both the Med and Africa when the bids hit 30 or more.  The rest of the bid is going to slow down Japan or the German march into Russia.  Still, a good G1 round will more than make up an additional 10 points of bid.

• '19 '17 '16

Of those 40 or more bids, how many do axis win?

Sounds like you had his number in the 60 bid game but that has to be exceptional.

• @Karl7:

@simon33:

@simon33:

I think that is heroic. I would have done the USSR strengthens Yunnan strategy but I still think that the allies will have this one.

Wow. I was wrong! Axis win against a +60 bid.

+60?  +80?   Holly SHITT!

I’d say anything more than 30 would be nigh impossible for the Axis… with 30 you can crush Italy, save 1 of the UK fleets… and more!  :-o

Honest question here Karl but where would you put a bid of 30 that allows a UK fleet to be saved? Unless you are referring to the SZ106 fleet or possibly SZ91… But I personally interpret fleet as SZ110 or SZ111.  It is an honest question, because if there is a way I can save 110 or 111 and destroy Italy with 30, than I am missing it.

• '19 '17 '16

Do you put a fighter on Scotland?

The Luftwaffe can still take out both fleets but they lose most of their force with a scramble which is a bad attack.

• @simon33:

Do you put a fighter on Scotland?

The Luftwaffe can still take out both fleets but they lose most of their force with a scramble which is a bad attack.

True, but G1 purchases have to be taken into account.

• '19 '17 '16

If they buy a CV and two TTs, you can respond with a 9 inf buy and still scramble. The Luftwaffe planes you would kill would also support the sea lion.

• With a fighter in Scotland, I let the SZ111 fleet live on the first round.  You can buy 1 sub and 2 bombers on the German first round and have a chance to chase down the UK ships on G2 if they don’t adequately protect them with fighters.  German planes are immensely valuable in the early game and losing a few of them to scrambles can change the rest of the game.  Meanwhile, UK fighters are not nearly as valuable so bad dice rolls during a scramble won’t be a complete gamechanger.  I am very glad as the Allies to trade 4 UK planes for 4-5 German planes.

• '19 '17 '16

With what? If they, attack both squares and you don’t scramble you’ll only have 3ftrs  a bomber a dd and a cruiser. That can’t take down 5planes and ships.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m