• '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

Hi,

My old alienware computer has given up the ghost finally, I think the motherboard died of old age.  I saw the failure coming though and have a replacement box already.  The new computer has 1.9 loaded from scratch while the old box had multiple installations of AAA.  I’m having problems with the new installation reading the older 1.8 save files and seems to be tied somewhere into the maps.  I saw the problem with WaW and the Napoleonics map where the 1.8 game would try and load and then stop due to some sort map incompatibility issue for the new computer and installation.  I did get the old box to reboot and copied the old map files over to the new computer.  That did fix the issue but I wasn’t fast enough to get the Napoleonic map copied to a thumb drive before the old box gave up again.

The failure message is:

Could not find file folder or zip for map:  Napoleonic_Empire
    Please DOWNLOAD THIS MAP if you do not have it
    If you are making a map or mod, make sure the mapName property within the xml game file exactly matches the map zip or folder name.

OK

• '17 '16 '15

Hi Degrasse

The 1.9 version has the mapname at the bottom of the xml spelled “napoleonic_empires” and 1.8.9 is “Napoleonic_Empires”.

I’m not sure exactly what you would need to do to make things work as the spelling of “attatchment” was changed to “attachment” in 1.9. I have a copy of the old Napoleonic Empires if you need that.

• 1.8 and 1.9 maps and savegames are incompatbile.
    See http://www.triplea-game.org/upgrade_notes/
    or other 1.9 related threads within this subforum.

@barney:

I’m not sure exactly what you would need to do to make things work as the spelling of “attatchment” was changed to “attachment” in 1.9.

A list of changes can be found here:
    https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/wiki/Upgrade-Maps-Information

• Let me ask the stupid question Degrasse - why cannot you upload 1.8 onto your computer too?

• '21 '19 '18 '17 '16

I tried loading 1.8, got some sort of java runtime error.

I reloaded 1.8 and tried reloading java, it’s working now.

• Ahh - that’s good news!

Glad to hear it is sorted.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m