Blitzing & Amphibious landings

• I’ve not found a specific rule that denies blitzing through an open enemy territory from an amphibious landing.  It may be that, just like unloading troops from a transport regularly, they drop and don’t move outside of the zone they land in.  Just curious if anyone has specific guidelines that prohibit or allow this - it could change the games I play.

• Page 13 of the original AA manual…

“Just as in trasnporting infantry, it would be illegal for tanks to move one land territory, before or after boarding and landing (even though tanks can normally move on land 2 adjacent territories, the boarding and the landing counts as a tank’s full move!).”

And just FYI:  this is different from the Hasbro CD which allows a tank to move before boarding a tranny, but not afterwards (for example, if you have a tank in Yakut, you can drive through Manchruia to board a tranny in the Sea of Japan, then move 2 spaces, and offload that same tank to attack Pearl or Alaska (as an example).  Just another Hasbro glitch…

• Damn Hasbro!  That’s exactly why I’m confused.  Like you, I’ve spent a lot of time playing AI rather than RI…  :-D
    That’s why I’m happy to see my laptop coming in the next week or so; no more playing the predictable AI.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m