• @siredblood:

@SS:

General, I have a small piece of vinyl battle board map. I will spray test that piece of vinyl and see what happens to ink.

looking forward to the results, I have yet to print a map, as I knew I would be making one, so why waste a couple hundred bucks…. but I don’t want to waste a couple hundred bucks picking the wrong material :(

thanks again for this topic, and thanks for the trial and error :P

I did finally Spray that piece of vinyl with Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover Matte Clear spray can. Did not run any ink. Made the vinyl a bit dryer and corners rolled up a bit but be good once it dried. Will be doing a 3 x 6 map soon once I can get to some good air outside.
    Helped alot with the glare. Kinda came out like using non glare plexi glass but it will be $90.00 cheaper to spray map. Give results soon with pictures before and after spray.

• '18 '17 '16

I will be interested how it holds up given some time. Keep us informed you might have stumbled upon something useful.

• I lightly sprayed my vinyl map with flat clear and it turned out fine. Ask the printer for a small sample of printed vinyl and test spray it first - that’s what I did.

• I finally tried spraying a flat finish on a vinyl map. Have pictures of a shiny map, a sprayed map and a small portable custom table for map and for the other 1 on 1 games of AA.

I sprayed 3 coats on vinyl map. Seems to be holding up real good. Just wipe off slight white film with a soft rag. Like Der mentioned above 1 lite or 1 coat should be fine. I plan on playing this game to death. So I put on extra coats. You’ll have to decide how much finish you need on map do to play. Will see how this holds up.

image1(14).png
    image1(15).png

• This pic is of IL’s map and I am making a custom table for these smaller 1 on 1 games. Will have the wing affect on end like my 2 custom gaming tables with 1 dice box and battle boards. I will post pics when I get it done. Guys in group looking to play this game.
    I’ll be able to take it anywhere I want to play.

Yes IL I know about the flooring. Just ain’t around. I’m still looking.

image1(13).png
    Battle Boards.png

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m