2017 League General Discussion Thread

• do i have to download this so i can post?
    https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/releases/tag/1.9.0.0.7398
    also what do i do next when i go there?
    please help.
    NEED MY A&A FIX!!! :cry:

• '17

@dawgoneit:

do i have to download this so i can post?
    please help.

Hi dawgoneit,

Yes, that should be the right version (at least it was working for me earlier today).

When you go there you need to click on either:
    TripleA_1.9.0.0.7398_windows-32bit.exe
    OR
    TripleA_1.9.0.0.7398_windows-64bit.exe

depending on which type of windows you’re running

Clicking on one or the other will prompt you to download the .exe file. After the download is complete, you simply double click the .exe and install like any other program.

If you don’t plan to uninstall your old versions first, then you may want to install the program into a separate folder (just make it something like TripleA7398, rather than simply TripleA).

Hope that helps.

• @wheatbeer:

@dawgoneit:

do i have to download this so i can post?
    please help.

Hi dawgoneit,

Yes, that should be the right version (at least it was working for me earlier today).

When you go there you need to click on either:
    TripleA_1.9.0.0.7398_windows-32bit.exe
    OR
    TripleA_1.9.0.0.7398_windows-64bit.exe

depending on which type of windows you’re running

Clicking on one or the other will prompt you to download the .exe file. After the download is complete, you simply double click the .exe and install like any other program.

If you don’t plan to uninstall your old versions first, then you may want to install the program into a separate folder (just make it something like TripleA7398, rather than simply TripleA).

Hope that helps.

thank you kindly

• '22 '16

Anyone ever seen this error?  I got when trying to load a game file.

Untitled.png

• '19 '17 '16

What it means is you haven’t downloaded the whole file, either because you were too eager or because the server ran out of disk space again and it wasn’t uploaded correctly in the first place.

• '22 '16

@simon33:

What it means is you haven’t downloaded the whole file, either because you were too eager or because the server ran out of disk space again and it wasn’t uploaded correctly in the first place.

Thanks simon. So should I have my opponent try to upload the file again?

• '19 '17 '16

If possible. You could try downloading the file again too.

• '20 '19 '18 '15 '13

@simon33:

Not working for me either…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

WOW guys think I just had the most successful G1 in League history against Mallery!  HOW DO I BOTTLE THIS?

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=40897.0

Combat - Germans

Battle in Yugoslavia
                        Germans roll  5/13 hits
                        Neutral_Allies roll dice for 5 infantry in Yugoslavia, round 2 :  0/5 hits
                        5 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Yugoslavia
                    Germans win,  Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 5 infantry
                    No German Casualties

Battle in 111 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                    British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter
                        Germans roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 111 Sea Zone, round 2 :  4/4 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter in 111 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/4 hits
                    Battle score for attacker is 40
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer
                    No German Casualties

Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 2 submarines and 3 tactical_bombers
                    French defend with 1 cruiser; British defend with 1 battleship and 1 cruiser
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 bomber, 3 fighters and 3 tactical_bombers in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 :  4/7 hits
                        British roll dice for 1 battleship and 2 cruisers in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/3 hits
                        1 battleship owned by the British, 1 submarine owned by the Germans, 1 cruiser owned by the British and 1 cruiser
                    owned by the French lost in 110 Sea Zone
                    Germans win with 1 bomber, 3 fighters, 1 submarine and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 38
                    Casualties for French: 1 cruiser
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 submarine
                    Casualties for British: 1 battleship and 1 cruiser

Battle in Normandy Bordeaux
                    Germans win, taking Normandy Bordeaux from French with 1 armour and 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                    Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry

Battle in 106 Sea Zone
                    Germans win, taking 106 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 9
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 submarine
                    Casualties for British: 1 destroyer and 1 transport

Battle in France
    Germans win, taking France from French with 5 armour, 2 artilleries, 5 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 50
                    Casualties for French: 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 6 infantry
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 1 armour and 1 artillery

TOTAL GERMAN CASUALTIES:  2 submarines, 2 infantry = 18 IPC’s
    TOTAL ALLIED CASUALTIES: 12 infantry, 3 artillery, 1 AAA, 2 armor, 1 fgt, 1 transport 2 destroyers, 1 fighter, 3 Cruisers, 2 Battleships 184 IPC’s

This has to be some kind of record!  Poor Mallery!

For all the people crying about ‘when france goes bad’ or ‘should Germany get a Mulligan’  The allies deserve one here man.

• '15

Wow.  You even sent an extra sub to 106!  I never risk that anymore.

• Poor Mallery.
    Must be a record though.

• Like you said, you should probably give Mallery a mulligan  :-)

Never mind all the other results, I have never heard of anyone taking France and losing less than 4 infantry.  And you only lost 1.

• '19 '17 '16

@Odonis:

@simon33:

Not working for me either…

Hmm. Not sure what is going on then. I’m not having a problem.

@Shin:

Wow.  You even sent an extra sub to 106!  I never risk that anymore.

You give the Canadian TT >50% chance of living?

• '15 '14

the new version 7398 works for me now. Just a bit annoying that the battle calculator runs just 200 calculations by default now.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@JDOW:

the new version 7398 works for me now. Just a bit annoying that the battle calculator runs just 200 calculations by default now.

Relying on calculators instead of your GUT?  Pfftp; and I thought you were somebody JDOW! ;)

• How do you fix the dice issue after installing the new program?  I have been using internal, but need it fixed….

• @wittmann:

Poor Mallery.
    Must be a record though.

France=Wolf359

At least I got some good insults on his mother before I died!!!

• '17

I guess I’m the only one who upvotes Trek references  :lol:

On an unrelated note, quick question: are playoff games meant to count towards league standings?

• @wheatbeer:

On an unrelated note, quick question: are playoff games meant to count towards league standings?

Yes.  That was the clear popular opinion at the time it was debated.

• '19 '17 '16

Similar to the ANZAC DOW loophole, there seems to be “feature” in the rules that if USA DOWs at the collect income phase of its third turn it can similarly block Japanese transports from loading. Is that correct? Pretty sure it is.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m