2017 League General Discussion Thread

• The dice in this game, well the rng i should say does not like me  :mrgreen:

• '19 '17 '16

https://github.com/simon33-2/triplea/releases/download/FixDice/triplea.jar

Putting the above in your triplea bin directory will resolve the dice server problems and pick up a number of other changes which I deem improvements.

More talk: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39687.0

• '19 '17 '16

Putting the below in your triplea bin directory will resolve the dice server problems and pick up a number of other changes which I deem improvements. Updated to include retreat bug fix:

https://github.com/simon33-2/triplea/releases/download/FixDice2/triplea.jar

More talk: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39687.0

Mods, can you remove the previous post?

• '19 '17 '16

Is the server out of disk space again?

• Placement of IC units.

Is there a official list of where one is allowed to upgrade a minor into a major? And why does the game offer the ability to buy a major when there is no where to place one?

Or, like say Japan… can they place a major in korea or just a minor? Could Germany put a major in Norway? See what i am getting at?

thanks

• The rule is that you can only have a major on a territory worth 3 or more that you controlled at the beginning of the game.  But also that Japan can’t build one in China (Kiangsu or Manchuria)

So Germany can have a major on Norway and Japan can have a major on Korea

• However, a major complex is almost never a good idea no matter what power you are playing

• '19 '17 '16

@ktylu:

Placement of IC units.

Is there a official list of where one is allowed to upgrade a minor into a major? And why does the game offer the ability to buy a major when there is no where to place one?

Or, like say Japan… can they place a major in korea or just a minor? Could Germany put a major in Norway? See what i am getting at?

thanks

So yes, those two examples are possible. Japan can’t place majors in China because it is not considered original ownership.

There’s a lot of limitations in TripleA

• @simon33:

@ktylu:

Placement of IC units.

thanks

So yes, those two examples are possible. Japan can’t place majors in China because it is not considered original ownership.

There’s a lot of limitations in TripleA

Thank you everyone for clearing that up  :wink:

• '22 '16

Refresh me again on the rule that says transports can’t load in a Hostile sz.  US navy in sz 95.  US units are on sicily and sardinia.  If I build an ita dd in sz 95 what are the US options for an amphib assault?  Thanks.

• The transports in Z95 will not be able to pick up any units on Sicily or Sardinia that turn to conduct an amphibious assault.  They could, however, leave Zone 95 in combat movement to pick up any USA units from other sea zones and return.  If in your situation the only USA units in the vicinity are on land adjoining Z95, then building an Italian DD in Zone 95 will thwart the USA transports in Z95 from conducting any amphibious assaults next turn unless other Allied powers (ANZAC, France, or Russia) can clear the DD before the USA’s turn!

• '22 '16

Thanks!  That’s what I thought.

• Any time, you’re welcome

• just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. love this community, you guys are all great. keep on gaming.

wish i could come back, but there has been a calling i have neglected for too long. i am still here in spirit, and hope to one day still play but first there must be an established order and balance.

i was doing some chores in the house this morning while drinking beer, and i had a “random” thought of wheatbeer. a thought of, what if he’s back after such a long absence. i dismissed it as ridiculous and continued on with my work. hours later i kicked back and, idk, had an unusual urge to check the forums, something i don’t do anymore. well i had a double take, as the very first game i saw was wheatbeer vs simon. wow. i literally refreshed the page and double checked the time.

just too funny. thought i had to share.

take care.

• '22 '16

Good to hear from you man!  Always a place at the table for you AD!!  Miss your dominance!

• Yes thanks for sharing

It was wind in my sails and probably several others when Wheatbeer returned

• '15 '14

@axis-dominion:

just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. love this community, you guys are all great. keep on gaming.

wish i could come back, but there has been a calling i have neglected for too long. i am still here in spirit, and hope to one day still play but first there must be an established order and balance.

i was doing some chores in the house this morning while drinking beer, and i had a “random” thought of wheatbeer. a thought of, what if he’s back after such a long absence. i dismissed it as ridiculous and continued on with my work. hours later i kicked back and, idk, had an unusual urge to check the forums, something i don’t do anymore. well i had a double take, as the very first game i saw was wheatbeer vs simon. wow. i literally refreshed the page and double checked the time.

just too funny. thought i had to share.

take care.

haha, very nice story, indeed thanks for shaaring.

Could you maybe please also think about Allweneedislove? Maybe this can summon him back. Like Wheatbeer he was a very active community member and disappeared out of nothing at least 3 years ago, in the middle of the final of a team tournament and never showed up again. I tried to get in touch with him using his dice mail and never got a reply.

He was an old veteran and had a very inspiring game style.

• '15 '14

I quote myself from the BM thread.

@JDOW:

Gents, I am wondering: Is there a bug in the tripleA calculator?

There seems to be something wrong with Japan. Please do the following:

Japan attacks with 10 fig, 10 tacs
    US defends vs 3 inf and 1 AA
    –> Average TUV +4 (which is odd)

Italy attacks with 10 fig, 10 tacs
    UK defends vs 3 inf and 1 AA
    –> Average TUV -1,9 (which is more realistic)

It looks crazy, many combinations provide the imo wrong result
    Ger vs US
    Ita vs US

However Italy vs UK seems to provide the correct result.

Is it possible that the calculator has a bug here?

Can you confirm different outcomes of the same battle depending on which powers you select?

I was aware of the UK Pacific bug but here we might have a nasty bug that produces wrong results which are not easy to see.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@JDOW:

I quote myself from the BM thread.

@JDOW:

Gents, I am wondering: Is there a bug in the tripleA calculator?

There seems to be something wrong with Japan. Please do the following:

Japan attacks with 10 fig, 10 tacs
    US defends vs 3 inf and 1 AA
    –> Average TUV +4 (which is odd)

Italy attacks with 10 fig, 10 tacs
    UK defends vs 3 inf and 1 AA
    –> Average TUV -1,9 (which is more realistic)

It looks crazy, many combinations provide the imo wrong result
    Ger vs US
    Ita vs US

However Italy vs UK seems to provide the correct result.

Is it possible that the calculator has a bug here?

Can you confirm different outcomes of the same battle depending on which powers you select?

I was aware of the UK Pacific bug but here we might have a nasty bug that produces wrong results which are not easy to see.

I have the same problem too, looks like the aa guns don’t fire, just taken as casaulties, but as you say, italy vs british works

• '15 '14

Gentlemen,

I am wondering if we should start a little reactivation campaign to introduce BM to inactive players that might like it.

I am afraid the community might shrink as BM is a very exclusive and even more complicated version of G40. I am worried that the amount of players might decline.

The more players participate in the league, the more fun, I guess that’s for sure.

Therefore I believe it is worth a try to inform former active players about BM and invite them to rejoin the league action. They can of course also continue playing Vanilla, but I thought BM might be a good trigger to get in touch.

The point is: I guess we can get the dice mail addresses from most of them, however often these are junk mail addresses that are not checked for regular messages. That’s why I have the idea that everybody picks some players he has some “better” contacts from.

What do you think in general?

Please find a list of inactive players below which, according to my memory showed some significant activity in the previous years. It might contain players that are playing this season but have not finished a game yer. In case you want to take over to reactive that player, just drop a comment.

Although I do only partly have “good” contacts, I am gonna try to reactivate the following players:

• MrRoboto
    • bmnielsen
    • Ghostglider

Feel of course free to add further names on that list.

Best,
    Tobias

rgp44
    Soulblighter
    bmnielsen
    Ghostglider
    Snake11eyes
    BerntBernt
    Caesar1
    Cdn Ranger
    Lebowsky
    Mr. Green