2017 League Post Game Results Here

• '19 '17

Yeah bids would be lower without that restriction, but games would be less fun since bids would be stacking 5 inf in Yunnan for example, which breaks that area of the map.

It was interesting to see that you think I like to win easily.

• @JWW:

Adam or G Man, do you think if stacking was allowed, that bids could be lower and effective in terms of balance?

Yes, I think we just don’t like the cheese that can result, like a 21 bid making 7 infantry on Yunnan.

Ah, now I read Adam’s reply and see he says the same thing  :-)
    Adam, you are so cool when you agree with me  :-D

• '19 '17 '16

For the record, I wasn’t at all confident of taking down Adam with a 50 bid. Thought it would be an interesting game though.

Curious about one thing, Adam: Are a J1 DOW every time player in G40?

• '19 '17

@simon33:

For the record, I wasn’t at all confident of taking down Adam with a 50 bid. Thought it would be an interesting game though.

Curious about one thing, Adam: Are a J1 DOW every time player in G40?

Yes, unless the Allied bid was something that discouraged it enough.

• '19 '17 '16

One G40 game where I was Axis, Omega1759 bid a USSR fighter and flew the 3 planes to Yunnan USSR1, with an inf bid too. I didn’t DOW as Japan and still only killed one inf! Axis conceded round 10.

I guess that’s the kind of bid you are referring to. Maybe it doesn’t have to be quite that extreme.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

One G40 game where I was Axis, Omega1759 bid a USSR fighter and flew the 3 planes to Yunnan USSR1, with an inf bid too. I didn’t DOW as Japan and still only killed one inf! Axis conceded round 10.

I guess that’s the kind of bid you are referring to. Maybe it doesn’t have to be quite that extreme.

I would actually ignore Yunnan in that case and still J1DOW, and that’s what I’ve done in the past when faced with that bid.

• '19 '17 '16

Struggling to think of the bid which would deter it then. Extra fighter/aaa in Philippines - sub in SZ37. Can’t see any of those stopping a J1. TT in SZ39? DD in SZ62? Still reaching.

• '19 '17 '16

Interesting that you would ignore Yunnan if strengthened enough. A UK1 DOW could occur as Omega1759 did and then enough could be moved into Yunnan to make it hard to take down.

• maybe a combo of that yunnan stack that you experienced, anzac inf in new guinea, anzac sub to protect your dd and trans, british pacific units positioned to retake FIC…

• '19 '17

Yes, units bidded to retake FIC in case of a J1DOW is quite a good deterrence, and if you needed more you could bid an inf in Borneo.

• '19 '17 '16

@Adam514:

Yes, units bidded to retake FIC in case of a J1DOW is quite a good deterrence, and if you needed more you could bid an inf in Borneo.

A legal bid can’t prevent you putting down a blocker on Shan State. Assuming SZ36 is navally blocked, FIC is guaranteed to be holdable to J2.

Borneo is similarly illegal.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

@Adam514:

A legal bid can’t prevent you putting down a blocker on Shan State. Assuming SZ36 is navally blocked, FIC is guaranteed to be holdable to J2.

I don’t know of someone who plays with those rules, but if you prefer you can bid a mech in Burma to take back FIC on UK1.

• Privet Panic over Surprise Attack Allies +12 game ID # 38801

• '19 '17 '16

@Adam514:

@simon33:

@Adam514:

I don’t know of someone who plays with those rules, but if you prefer you can bid a mech in Burma to take back FIC on UK1.

Well they are the written default rule for league.

Did you miss my point? Japan can use one of its two inf in Siam to take down Shan State J1 which blocks this Mec.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

@Adam514:

@simon33:

@Adam514:

Well they are the written default rule for league.

Did you miss my point? Japan can use one of its two inf in Siam to take down Shan State J1 which blocks this Mec.

Mech passes by Yunnan.

• '19 '17 '16

Oh yes. Sorry. And if Yunnan is fortified that is likely an option.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39112.30

Pete Allies over Karl7

Tried risky sea lion with 65% chance, 4 AA hits spelled the end, lost everything, game over, dice have declared it.

• oh man what did i do? i caused this results page to blow up with discussion on bidding!  :-o

• @Karl7:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39112.30

Pete Allies over Karl7

Tried risky sea lion with 65% chance, 4 AA hits spelled the end, lost everything, game over, dice have declared it.

and you are krazy karl for attempting a SL at those odds.

• ^ I was very, very worried. I think maybe Karl was counting on bombards, but the french cruiser was able to block those…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m