Sired's Map project - Updated- 4/16 - files available see first post

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Really impressive map Siredblood! You’re definitely a great artist. Would love to see it in person, but that will be a challenge for now :-)

• '17 '16 Customizer

I read or watched a YG vid where he mentioned about printed maps scratching, I just clear coated one of mine before I show a setup, will be dry for sure by the time I get home after work, so pics tonight :) …. when I ordered my 6 maps, they made an additional one for free for me to test on, which I sprayed last night, which you cant even tell… can’t show that map as I cut it into 4 pieces so I would be able to run 4 tests… turns out test 1 was good

• @siredblood:

I read or watched a YG vid where he mentioned about printed maps scratching, I just clear coated one of mine before I show a setup, will be dry for sure by the time I get home after work, so pics tonight :) …. when I ordered my 6 maps, they made an additional one for free for me to test on, which I sprayed last night, which you cant even tell… can�t show that map as I cut it into 4 pieces so I would be able to run 4 tests… turns out test 1 was good

You sprayed with rustoleum dull matte finish right ? Did the edges roll up an inch ? Thats the spray I use.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I used a water based satin… I’ll clarify what when I get home, but no it didn’t roll… it is printed on a pretty thick vinyl though, about double the thickness as a map from hbg g36

• @siredblood:

I used a water based satin… I�ll clarify what when I get home, but no it didn�t roll… it is printed on a pretty thick vinyl though, about double the thickness as a map from hbg g36

Ok Thank You

• '17 '16 Customizer

I used minwax polycrylic … water based, not much of a smell, dries clear and fast… think it was 10 bucks… about used the whole can lol

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@siredblood:

I read or watched a YG vid where he mentioned about printed maps scratching, I just clear coated one of mine before I show a setup, will be dry for sure by the time I get home after work, so pics tonight :) …. when I ordered my 6 maps, they made an additional one for free for me to test on, which I sprayed last night, which you cant even tell… can�t show that map as I cut it into 4 pieces so I would be able to run 4 tests… turns out test 1 was good

Does that extra coat make a huge impact on scratch resistance? I’m looking to get my nearly finished Global map printed, but cannot find a local print shop that does laminating at all. So sealing the print myself might be the best solution.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I have to go with yes, I didn’t dare to try and scratch my actual board, but I did try to grind my nails into my test one, and nothing happened, while I can for sure tell you it damaged before without…. I can’t speak for any success with other variables… but from what I printed on and the spray I used was a win.

When I got my maps, I was told it don’t scratch… so to varify we tried to scratch one of their demos… he was surprised how easily it scratched, thus why I got a free print to test to make it more resistant… but ya, you gotta clear coat it.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@siredblood:

I have to go with yes, I didn�t dare to try and scratch my actual board

I would call you mad if you did  :-D

@siredblood:

, but I did try to grind my nails into my test one, and nothing happened, while I can for sure tell you it damaged before without…. I can�t speak for any success with other variables… but from what I printed on and the spray I used was a win.

When I got my maps, I was told it don�t scratch… so to varify we tried to scratch one of their demos… he was surprised how easily it scratched, thus why I got a free print to test to make it more resistant… but ya, you gotta clear coat it.

Thanks for the confirmation. I will look into a good mat clear coat.

• @siredblood:

I have to go with yes, I didn�t dare to try and scratch my actual board, but I did try to grind my nails into my test one, and nothing happened, while I can for sure tell you it damaged before without…. I can�t speak for any success with other variables… but from what I printed on and the spray I used was a win.

When I got my maps, I was told it don�t scratch… so to varify we tried to scratch one of their demos… he was surprised how easily it scratched, thus why I got a free print to test to make it more resistant… but ya, you gotta clear coat it.

Thanks for this info. I get my printed map on Monday. They said they don’t laminate either.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Here is a vid of the map, hope it comes out well… my first vid with my new camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdolnzSyWrw&feature=youtu.be

• @siredblood:

Here is a vid of the map, hope it comes out well… my first vid with my new camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdolnzSyWrw&feature=youtu.be

Excellent work. I can’t imagine how many hours it took you. I am in awe how far guys go for this hobby. I appreciate seeing all the great things on this site. Keep it up.

• Amazing! Will you be offering this up to the community to print and play on?

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Sorin:

Amazing! Will you be offering this up to the community to print and play on?

Yes, I have a few minor tweeks I want to do, which ill do over this week…. nothing major, just playing on it yesterday, I saw a few things id like to adjust… stuff no one would notice but me… but my OCD cant let it go lol.

• Good job on that map brother! Bravo.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Nice to see the map on your table. I really like how the colors match the wooden wash of your table. Well done.

And I really like your convoy and especially your kamikaze tokens on your map.

• Can’t wait to see it up close and personal….brother…amazing job

• so to varify we tried to scratch one of their demos… he was surprised how easily it scratched

Have them print next time on “showfloor” material, a printable flooring they use for plays and opera.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks tjoek, I wanted to keep the theme as the standing army.

Thanks imperious, wasn’t sure you approved, you went dark on the topic haha… I knew the IPC changes wouldn’t be popular, but I feel where they were made has little impact, as if japan takes Sydney, they will get Victoria anyway, japan often takes soviet Far East while Germany snags up Ukraine… so same IPC loss, and Egypt exchanges hands quite often.

On the flip side, I’ve had games where Anzac was chocked out even with a minor in Queensland… would be better to just upgrade Sydney.

Also… floor huh? One of my guys is going to bring me a sample on mousepad material, wonder if that’s the sane thing.

@ Leatherneck, ya bro, we’ll set a date soon… little busy at work now to take a Friday off, but soon for sure, within a month.

• https://www.pnh.ca/en/product/show-floor/

I believe this is what IL is referring too. He may have a better company. I cant find his post of the place he said to get at or what.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m