Sired's Map project - Updated- 4/16 - files available see first post
Where is the link to buy the latest map ( the one with the railway)
i only got this…https://shop.x-raypad.com/custom-axis-allies-g40-play-mat/
@Imperious-Leader I was looking for the file only. Your link seems to be the printed board?
Still waiting for reply on email. Hope ill reach him
Axis & Allies Club Danmark
I bought it! And its the best god damn 20 USD I ever spend in my life! THANKS @siredblood
The PSD file with layers would be nice. If I have to pay extra its ok. Is it possible?
@SGT-Pitbull I begged him to let me pay him more for the PSD files but he resisted. I guess someone stole it and posted a high-res version online. I talked to the company and got them to take down the high res version, but I still wasn’t able to get the layered PSD files. I ended up having to do a lot of hacking on my own to get the countries split up, but I was able to tweak the map for easy tournament rules setup. Everything is color coded and shows what units set up there, etc. it would have saved me literally at least a dozen hours if I could have just grabbed the layers. Pro Tip: If you download the PDF of the official Axis and Allies rules you can open them in Illustrator (or Affinity Designer which is what I use) and select the unit pictures and circular disks for flags and such and just copy-paste them as vectors! Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.18.27 AM.png
Thats nice makes it easy for set up! and i like the colored areas to indicate ownership
Someone asked for more closeups. The tricky things I found were regions that have troops from multiple regions. Also the cruisers and destroyers are hard to tell apart from the picture, as well as the tactical bombers. I’ve put letters next to the boats and a letter T on the tactical bombers. I haven’t done another print test with the latest though so I might need to be more explicit with the bombers.
- I put started money location on the scoreboard on the top.
- I put “little” flags on countries which start out occupied in the global game. For example, Hong Kong is owned by GB, but occupied at the start of the global tournament rules.
- I put important information on the sides of the map such as victory conditions.
- After doing a tournament and seeing how other people play I also bought a bunch of colored dice and painted them so that only the numbers that “win” have pips, and then matched the board to the colors. it makes it SUPER easy to grab a handful of green and red dice, roll them, and see how many hits were scored.
- My son designed and 3D printed some air and water bases and industrial complexes. The first take were way too big, but this set came outs well scaled
@Imperious-Leader As a note, I’m 90% sure that those people at x-RayPad.com don’t have the rights to sell that map, and you have to buy it from Sired. He’s just a guy so he can’t fight them for having stolen it, but I’m pretty sure they don’t have a deal with him to use his artwork, and he put a LOT of work into it.
I did buy it, im just intrigued by your ideas on improvement.
@Imperious-Leader cool. I just wanted to make sure anyone who saw this thread knew that link was to a stolen copy of someone’s work.
buddytoliver last edited by
@jasonondesign is Sired still selling it? I’ve reached out to him a couple of times but haven’t heard back. It’s an impressive map, but only willing to get it with permission.
I also tried to reach out ( well i paid anyway) Be patient. I like the version with the setup printed to make it easier…
@buddytoliver Yeah but he’s got a busy day-job, so sometimes it takes him a few days or even a week to get back in touch.