Sired's Map project - Updated- 4/16 - files available see first post

• Is this project dead?

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Erocco:

Is this project dead?

nope :) I just don’t frequent the forums as much, ill get a progress pic up.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Ive been designing several things about the map, this is WAY different, I cant wait to show a progress pic, in addition, if you missed my update on a vid I did, there are 3 different versions (paint schemes)

• Can’t wait to see the pictures. :-D

• looking forward to your finished map.  Tried to find YG map file on pdf but I think he only put it out thru mediafire.  Please use a pdf when you release it.  Not to good with a pc. Down loaded your card file and will get those and printed when I do your map.  love your utube stuff.  Drink with Sired the best.  Thank you so much for sharing your hard work.  Hope you kick butt at YG invitational.  Maybe you can get a pic of all those from this forum and show on a drink with Sired.

• Love the work you’re doing.

My major gripe with the OOB maps (as well as the HBG36 map) has always been the names for the territories.

For example, “Volgograd” should be Don Basin or Don Valley or Don-Volga in my opinion. Perhaps they think it sounds too much like a mafia boss? :?
    Compared to that Samara/Kuybyshev and Thailand/Siam are minor issues.

I know, for gameplay the names could conceivably be considered irrelevant, but that “Volgograd” thing I just cannot let the issue go :x

• '17 '16 Customizer

@FOWHEAD:

looking forward to your finished map.  Tried to find YG map file on pdf but I think he only put it out thru mediafire.   Please use a pdf when you release it.  Not to good with a pc. Down loaded your card file and will get those and printed when I do your map.  love your utube stuff.  Drink with Sired the best.  Thank you so much for sharing your hard work.  Hope you kick butt at YG invitational.  Maybe you can get a pic of all those from this forum and show on a drink with Sired.Â

Thanks and for sure, a pic would be epic! That’s a brilliant idea!

@ 8th - ive heard from others as well about some of the names, as of now, they are default as I just put them in, and have yet to go through them and make changes, if I do or not is unknown at this time…. its all in the research.

• What size are you working with for this map? I’m thinking of building a gaming table with A&A being printed on, being as it’d be the largest map.

• Just wondering how your map is coming along.  Last thing I heard was you talking about it on your utube channel.  Something about the look of a old movie war map.  Got me drooling thinking about what that would look like.

• '17 '16 '15

Yeah ditto to FOWHEAD

Really keen to see how the vintage look will turn out, it may just knock the YG/Ambilzi Map off my table!

• Hey sired! How’s this project coming along, buddy? It has such great potential, would hate for it to kinf of peter out, you know. Would love to play on one of those maps one day!

• '17 '16 Customizer

We are still a “GO” for sure, I got super swamped with playing the past few months…… literally 2-3x a week… and ya, im totally burnt, now took a couple weeks off prior to YG event. Ill be right back at it after I return at the end of the month, I apologize for my lack of communication for this project and also for my lack of vids ;P

Thanks again for all your support, as for the size question, its OOB size.

• But you can easily make a double or 50% larger version by stretching

• Awesome, Sired! Hey, playing is what you’re supposed to do, right!? 2-3 times a week! I’d be so lucky… :) Glad to hear the project is still on. Looking forward to seeing the progress. :) Take it easy, man!

• Glad to hear your map is still in the works.  I made a table and have the oob map under plexi glass. I went over the territory lines with a magic marker. I have IL’s map and YG’s map downloaded on my pc. YG’s map has the tracker on it so if I print that one oob size it would have smaller territorys. IL’s map looks like he made the territory lines easier to see so I was watching YG’s vids about all the problems he had getting it printed while I save up money to print my own. Now I will wait to see yours first.  I like the way yours makes some of the important spaces bigger and the oob size is perfect for
    my table. Plus the old school look you seam to be going for sound so cool. Can’t wait to see the finished map.
      Good luck to you and GHG.  Can’t wait to see pics and vids from all the utubers there.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Ok guys, finally an update, as I mentioned in a vid, the file is hard to work with as there are so many layers, the file is 4gigs…… in addition, I was stumped on a art style, I messed with OOB, real, color, aged… ive always has a soft spot for aged crap. I found some great pics of a UK WW2 planning map, and that’s what i decided to base my colors and style off of. Im sure this theme will be disappointing to some of you, but i hope some of you still like it.

As the art has been decided, its only weeks away from being completed… and what lit my fire is, talking to some of my guys, we will be putting on an event here in Orange County this summer, and i want the maps to be in play!

Water is completed, as the fonts, more detail will be added to land masses, as well as map crap.

Hope you like the pic, shows the color theme.

• Sponsor

Looks fantastic dude, reminds me of an old treasure map for some reason… keep up the great work.

• The roundels look kinda jpeg ish, i hope your making your own vector roundels?

• Looks awesome brother

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Nice! I’d love to see a larger image sample if possible, hard to get a real flavor from a couple islands and sea zones, but I am not sure if you have made enough progress for that.

@Imperious:

The roundels look kinda jpeg ish, i hope your making your own vector roundels?

Agree with IL, however the text and other images have similar effects so I am assuming it is from using an actual jpeg for a screenshot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m