• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@General:

One thing I have to say about DC’s attempt at a cinematic universe is I can’t stand how they continue to double down on Zach Snyder’s drab and dark color palettes. To IL’s point Marvel/Disney have a formula down pat, but it works for the most part. One of the factors are the brighter lighting and colors, which invigorates the film. While those films have plenty of flaws, they’re often much easier to sit through.

I could not agree with you more.

I was actually looking over DCs films trying to comprehend how and why Zack Snyder is the architect of their whole universe. I figured it had to be due to the success of 300 and the cult appeal of Watchmen. But his style is so unique (in a bad way) that it pollutes everything it touches. There are elements of his films that can be visually beautiful, but 95% of the time it feels overproduced, unbelievable and too visually perfect. The aesthetic and tone prevent his films from being taken seriously.

I just don’t know why DC/WB gave this guy the keys to their classic car. He’s wrecking it.

• I am waiting on the SW 8 Trailer for this year. Also it is confirmed I think, that they are going to make a Han Spin-Off next year.

Thor - Ragnarök is coming out this year. Has anyone else watched the Trailer of it yet?

• '17 '16

Confirmed… Carrie Fisher will be staring in Star Wars Episode 9… yes, that’s not a typo… not Episode 8 (which she already filmed), she will be staring in Episode 9 as well.

Mickey Mouse and Goofy paid a visit to the Fisher family and “after negotiations” they all agreed Carrie should star in Episode 9.

Carrie Fisher was right when she said she didn’t even own her own body.

• Has anyone seen the Fate of the Furious yet? I need to know if its OK to take my little brother to see it(He’s 11).

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I can’t think of a better movie to take an 11-year old boy to see.  :-D

It’s PG-13 and from what I can remember there’s not much swearing, plus there’s no gore to speak of. There’s plenty of expected cleavage and skin for the Havana race setting (one of the best sequences in the movie) but nothing else.

As a caper movie series (5 and 6 being the best) it’s grown bigger and bigger (from taking down a tank and a plane in 6 to jumping from planes and skyscrapers in 7 to the sub in this one) but I wouldn’t mind for them to end the series on a smaller scale and revert back to the basics of fast cars. But it would be perfectly fine for Jason Statham and the Rock to have their own spinoff movie.

• @General:

I can’t think of a better movie to take an 11-year old boy to see.  :-D

It’s PG-13 and from what I can remember there’s not much swearing, plus there’s no gore to speak of. There’s plenty of expected cleavage and skin for the Havana race setting (one of the best sequences in the movie) but nothing else.

As a caper movie series (5 and 6 being the best) it’s grown bigger and bigger (from taking down a tank and a plane in 6 to jumping from planes and skyscrapers in 7 to the sub in this one) but I wouldn’t mind for them to end the series on a smaller scale revert back to the basics of fast cars. But it would be perfectly fine for Jason Statham and the Rock to have their own spinoff movie.

Thanks man. He will enjoy, i am certain.

Should be the final trailer for Dunkirk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KLeFboA8gc

• @LHoffman:

Should be the final trailer for Dunkirk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KLeFboA8gc

Damn. Looks awesome.

• Reminds me of The Battle of Britain in style.

@Imperious:

Reminds me of The Battle of Britain in style.

Almost exactly so; very good comparison. It has the appeal of a 70s epic war film.

Especially with the narrative seemingly to lack focus on a single character or group of characters. Nolan disclosed that there are three separate story lines: land, air and sea.

Beyond the startlingly realistic visual appeal, the trailers haven’t been earth-shatteringly dramatic. But I think that is good, there doesn’t appear to be a lot of action fluff. I am really looking forward to seeing it.

Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Thought the first was overrated, but this one was actually quite good.

• Thanks for the link to The trailer,  Hoffman. I Cannot wait.

• Customizer

@wittmann:

Thanks for the link to The trailer,  Hoffman. I Cannot wait.

Unlike Hitler’s panzers, who he told to stop and wait to allow the British army to escape. Amazing that they can dress this up as a triumph.

@Flashman:

@wittmann:

Thanks for the link to The trailer,�  Hoffman. I Cannot wait.

Unlike Hitler’s panzers, who he told to stop and wait to allow the British army to escape. Amazing that they can dress this up as a triumph.

That’s the one thing that sticks in my mind to sour the film a bit… That the situation may not have been as dire as they make it seem. The Germans could have wiped them out, but chose not to.

This is a British flag-waver though. That’s fine. With Nolan production value and accurate, even if incomplete, telling of events, I can enjoy Dunkirk as a good film.

• @LHoffman:

Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Thought the first was overrated, but this one was actually quite good.

GOTG 2 is the strongest sequel after Winter Soldier. With the first GOTG it makes the strongest 1-2 of all the Marvel films. The first Captain America is my favorite but it’s 1-2 are very tonally different.

• Unlike Hitler’s panzers, who he told to stop and wait to allow the British army to escape. Amazing that they can dress this up as a triumph.

They did that with Pearl Harbor. Remember that cook shot down 300 Japanese planes and single highhandedly sunk 2 carriers, then the two lover boys totally destroyed Japan with the Doolittle raid. Thats payback for sinking our fleet!

@Imperious:

They did that with Pearl Harbor. Remember that cook shot down 300 Japanese planes and single highhandedly sunk 2 carriers, then the two lover boys totally destroyed Japan with the Doolittle raid. Thats payback for sinking our fleet!

:lol:

Well that was just total schlock from Michael Bay. I know we’ll get something more grounded from Nolan.

• Hopefully :-) :?

• I enjoyed Kong. If you love 1950 monster movies you will love the flick. Building up to a Godzilla and Kong film.

Guardians was good. I laughed many times.

• @ABWorsham:

I enjoyed Kong. If you love 1950 monster movies you will love the flick. Building up to a Godzilla and Kong film.

Guardians was good. I laughed many times.

I enjoyed Kong Skull Island as it had aspirations of being more than a “B” monster movie. I was a bit disappointed though that there was all this nice build up but they got to the island and dispensed with the foreplay and couldn’t hold their wad. Jackson’s character felt a bit forced but pretty entertaining flick though. Loved Shea Whigham as the grizzeled heli pilot Cole. “There was no tactical precedent.”

It would have been better in my opinion as a longer movie.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m