Are Industrial complex markers placed durring setup?

• When setting up the game, are industrial complex markers placed on the territories? 12 markers are included, but 9 are already allocated per setup, leaving only 3 left. This seems like such a small amount? I assume they are placed because otherwise you can’t keep track of damage to ICs easily. With only 3 ICs available for purchase, it would seem they get purchased quickly to prevent other players from purchasing. 1942.2 is my first A&A game, and talking with coworkers who played earlier versions (not sure what ones), it seems that ICs were readily available.

• Official Q&A

The number of industrial complexes (or anything else) that you can purchase isn’t limited by the physical components of the game.  If you run out, you can use anything you like to represent additional units.  See page 7 of the Rulebook.

• '17 '16

@Goldef:

When setting up the game, are industrial complex markers placed on the territories? 12 markers are included, but 9 are already allocated per setup, leaving only 3 left. This seems like such a small amount? I assume they are placed because otherwise you can’t keep track of damage to ICs easily. With only 3 ICs available for purchase, it would seem they get purchased quickly to prevent other players from purchasing. 1942.2 is my first A&A game, and talking with coworkers who played earlier versions (not sure what ones), it seems that ICs were readily available.

I don’t have the “Classic” 1984 version of A&A commited to memory, but i’d like to think there were fewer than 9 Industrial Complexes on initial setup (I could be wrong, but I think there were fewer than 9)… the game shipped with 12 industrial complex plastic sculpts (same as 1942SE’s cardboard ICs)… so there weren’t more than 12 in the original, though you may have had more free ones if the setup required less than 9… as already mentioned, you can use “anything” to mark extra ICs if needed… back in the 1980s, I just grabbed some Lego pieces to be extra ICs… as an adult, i’m a little more anal about such things, and my current unit bin for 1941/1942SE has a good two dozen plastic IC sculpts (i ordered two sets from E-Bay to get 24 and have overkill)… i can’t stand the cardboard chits, so that’s why i made sure i had plenty of plastic ones.

AndACustom2sm.jpg

• Thanks. I wasn’t sure if the intent of limited number of ICs was supposed to be part of the game strategy or not. I’ll probably just use legos as markers then.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m