• Hello, I was wondering if the British player could do this. Okay the situation is its Britain’s turn and they take Denmark on their combat move. Could they than on their non-combat move get British ships past the Denmark strait?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

No, they can’t. The rules say:

If your side (but not necessarily your power) controlled a canal or narrow strait at the start of your turn, you may move sea units through it (you can’t use it in the same turn that you capture it).

Related to this, there’s a well-known Allied ploy to have the Americans capture Denmark, and then move the British through the Denmark Straits to capture Germany, which is perfectly legal because the Allies indeed control Denmark at the start of the British turn in that case. But that situation is different from the one you’re describing of course.

• Thank you for replying so quickly and yes I’ve seen that ploy before. right now i’m trying out the 1942 set up on the global 40 board, so the British are capturing Denmark so the U.S can capture Germany.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

The rules say you can ask for German permission to cross through these straights.  Perhaps before you attack, you should simply politely ask the German player if he would please move the nets and mines out of the way so you can sail into his backyard?

Its worth a try someone let the Russian submarine out in one of our games :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m