Need your review: HBG's Bf-109

• I’m considering upgrading all of my out-of-box Bf-109’s to HBG’s new sculpt.

I have had some bad luck in the past with some of their custom-made planes, however… Planes with twisted or crooked tails, that kind of thing.

Are these new Bf-109’s of exceptional quality?  Are their wings and stabilizers parallel?  What is your review of this piece?

Thank you!

• '17 '16

I can’t answer you directly on HBG’s 109s… but I have had similar problems with some planes from HBG in the past (crooked tails/what-not).

This may or may-not be a help to you, but if you’re looking for a new/different type of German fighter than the default Me-109, try ordering the FW-190 German fighters from the 1941 game… they are OOB units from 1941, well made and you won’t have any of the warping problems.

I combined units from 1941 and 1942SE and then ordered extra from HBG to fill my nation bins, and I enjoy having both 109s and 190s for Germany (though I’ve not used HBG’s 109s).

• Thank you for the tip.  I already have some Fw-190’s mixed in.  Yeah, they are solid!

• '17 '16

Oh, btw, as for the warped/bent tails on some of HBG’s aircraft, I’ve found dunking them in a cup of very hot water for a few minutes usually solves or at least improves the problem.

• '18 '17 '16

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that out on my warped bomber tail.

• '17 '16

Basically, you’re re-heating the resin that makes the sculpt, and in-turn making it more pliable vs brittle… heat it up, then straighten the tail, and it cools and hardens in the correct/fixed position… I’ve been able to fix or at least improve several using this method.

• '17 '16 Customizer

While I love the tanks, troops, mech, etc… I’ve only ordered HBG plane wise, was the “going nuclear” pack, and the bombers we’re really bad, so much I threw them out. The issue was the wings flopped around like a bird, in addition it wasn’t a smooth cast.

• I cannot speak to their Me-109, but HBG’s Stukas & Fw-190’s are quite nice…

I would make sure to order a few extra above what you need to compensate for possible issues.

HBG has always done right by me.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@C_Strabala:

I agree, they (or he) is great, and I recommend them 100%, even though ive had issues with this/that, I don’t even really care, the good over shadows the bad so much, I don’t even care about the bad.

• @siredblood:

@C_Strabala:

I agree, they (or he) is great, and I recommend them 100%, even though ive had issues with this/that, I don’t even really care, the good over shadows the bad so much, I don’t even care about the bad.

Totally agree.

• '17 '16

Yep, yep… HBG always done right by me… HBG has received a LOT of my money over the past year, and while I have had the occasional mix up here or there, his attention to customer service and correcting any problems are always swift and sure.

HBG has my full endorsement.

• Haha alright, so this is an HBG appreciation thread now.  :-D

I guess no one here bought the fighter in question?  I thought you guys were collectors.  What gives!  :wink:

• '17 '16

Hey, I answered your question… I am a collector… just not of sculpts I already have from OOB!  lolz.

P.S.
    Everyone should love HBG and appreciate them (obligatory response in this thread).

• '17 '16 Customizer

@AlphaKappa:

Haha alright, so this is an HBG appreciation thread now.  :-D

I guess no one here bought the fighter in question?  I thought you guys were collectors.  What gives!   :wink:

Lol

• @Wolfshanze:

Hey, I answered your question… I am a collector… just not of sculpts I already have from OOB!  lolz.

P.S.
    Everyone should love HBG and appreciate them (obligatory response in this thread).

I appreciate your reply! I’m only teasing you.  :-D

HBG is a class act all the way and they totally enable this niche hobby of ours.

• Looks like you have a pretty good collection already. I have about $100 invested after buying both of the global games and still nowhere close to where I want to be. Nice setup though

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m