AEV (Allies + 26) vs. Omega1759 (Axis)

• You landed a Swift blow.

You scored 22 hits!

I went into round three for an additional score of 7 hits.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

What do I have left and what do you have left?

• US:

1x BB tipped
    12 x Ftr
    1x Bmbr
    6x TT’s

vs

JAPAN:
    3x dent CV’s
    1x DD
    2x CR’s
    2x dent BB’s
    15 Zeros
    4x TacB’s

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Ok. Max defense lose the cruisers before the tacs

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 3.9

Game History

Round: 12

Purchase Units - Americans
                Americans buy 1 artillery, 2 carriers, 2 destroyers, 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Americans
                1 battleship, 6 carriers, 2 cruisers, 6 destroyers, 12 fighters and 20 submarines moved from 22 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                      Americans take 17 Sea Zone from Japanese
                      Americans take 22 Sea Zone from Japanese
                1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Marianas to 6 Sea Zone
                1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter moved from 26 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                6 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Marianas to 22 Sea Zone
                6 artilleries, 6 infantry and 6 transports moved from 22 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
                6 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from 6 Sea Zone to Japan

Combat - Americans
                Japanese scrambles 3 units out of Japan to defend against the attack in 6 Sea Zone
                Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 cruiser owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 6
                Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 cruiser owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 6
                Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 1 hits.  Rolls: 2
                Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 5
                Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 0 hits.  Rolls: 4
                Kamikaze Suicide Attack attacks 1 destroyer owned by the Americans scoring 1 hits.  Rolls: 2
                Battle in 6 Sea Zone
                    Americans attack with 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 7 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 15 fighters, 20 submarines, 1 tactical_bomber and 6 transports
                    Japanese defend with 2 battleships, 8 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 15 fighters, 17 submarines, 4 tactical_bombers and 6 transports
                    Units damaged: 8 carriers owned by the Japanese and 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    Units damaged: 3 carriers owned by the Americans and 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Americans
                    5 transports owned by the Americans retreated to 16 Sea Zone
                    Japanese win with 2 battleships, 15 fighters, 3 tactical_bombers and 6 transports remaining. Battle score for attacker is -191
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 battleship, 1 bomber, 7 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 15 fighters, 20 submarines, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport
                    Casualties for Japanese: 8 carriers, 2 cruisers, 5 destroyers, 17 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber
                Moving scrambled unit from 6 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Japan
                    12 fighters owned by the Japanese and 3 tactical_bombers owned by the Japanese forced to land in Japan

Non Combat Move - Americans
                1 carrier and 2 fighters moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone

Place Units - Americans
                2 carriers, 2 destroyers and 1 transport placed in 101 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 fighter and 2 infantry placed in Eastern United States
                Americans undo move 2.
                1 fighter placed in 101 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Eastern United States

Turn Complete - Americans
                Americans collect 50 PUs; end with 50 PUs total
                Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 55 PUs
                Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 60 PUs
                Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 70 PUs

triplea_38770_Ame12.tsvg

• OK I guess that is it,
    That game went off in my face too.

I concede.

GG

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@aequitas:

OK I guess that is it,

I concede.

GG

Wow, big deal. GG. This was gutsy move.

I think your play has good potential and with small tweaks you’ll get up in the rankings to tier 1 and beyond. The key with the allies is patience and forcing small battles with decent odds. Waiting for large battles to be in your favor is usually not good for the allies.

• @Omega1759:

@aequitas:

OK I guess that is it,

I concede.

GG

I think your play has good potential and with small tweaks you’ll get up in the rankings to tier 1 and beyond. The key with the allies is patience and forcing small battles with decent odds. Waiting for large battles to be in your favor is usually not good for the allies.

You kept your fleet in a single bulk and it is not easy to break it apart.
    I figured sending small groups would be a waste of resources, since I faced the problem of logistic and dividing US income for both Theatres. That was the most challenging part for me.

I think I did good with Russia and made it a little bit tweaking for you to get a safe Hand on it. But with the vast amount you received and Japans help, you finally were able to built up the Kriegsmarine wich is never a good sign though.

I would love to Play another one in a few weeks against you.
    What are you saying?

Thank you for your time I had fun and a great Challenge!

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@aequitas:

@Omega1759:

@aequitas:

OK I guess that is it,

I concede.

GG

You kept your fleet in a single bulk and it is not easy to break it apart.
    I figured sending small groups would be a waste of resources, since I faced the problem of logistic and dividing US income for both Theatres. That was the most challenging part for me.

I think I did good with Russia and made it a little bit tweaking for you to get a safe Hand on it. But with the vast amount you received and Japans help, you finally were able to built up the Kriegsmarine wich is never a good sign though.

I would love to Play another one in a few weeks against you.
    What are you saying?

Thank you for your time I had fun and a great Challenge!

Haha, well if you want to play again, I’ll stop the advice there.  :-D

The timing for this battle and surrender was actually good because my personal computer fried up. I can’t play until I get a replacement.

Regarding the logistical difficulties, you have seen in this game logistics problems more than offset the favorable income differential the Allies had.

My thought was to go hard on the continent with a slow infantry push combined with a strong airforce and naval presence that would make it very expensive for the US to really have an impact on the continent.

Each time the Axis build a fighter you need: 1) Navy to defend your transports, 2) Troops to land, 3) more transports to carry the troops. So effectively it can cost 25-30 IPCs for the US to counter that German fighter on the continent. That’s the case because in the end the goal is to land, grab territory and hold it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m