Download it here: http://www.triplea-game.org/download/
    Detailed Release notes: http://www.triplea-game.org/release_notes/
    Some upgrade notes from 1.8: http://www.triplea-game.org/upgrade_notes/

Some notable changes:

• smaller installation size, faster download
    • faster download for maps, updated handling for them
    • AI improvements
    • game should run a bit faster and use less memory
    • Some game play convenience changes, smarter transport loading and prompts, auto-clicking to continue battles when there is no decision to make (for example, previously a defender would have to click to confirm when an attacker had all hits. If you are defending with one infantry, a defender no longer has to click in battles for the action to proceed)

Development process and code hosting:

• code hosting has been moved fully out of source forge into github. We’ve picked up the pace of changes and have added some additional developers along the way.  The source forge forum will be around for some time, but the admin team is looking for a replacement technology to unify the many community tripleA forums that are out there.

Goals for future releases:

• upgrade the UI code to a more modern version. The current UI technology has roots from the last century.
    • allow true future compatibility of game saves. This will allow you to natively continue playing save games with updated game engines. Before the game would launch an old instance of itself, which can work sometimes, but is flawed since map compatibility is not handled very well.
    • additional code simplification, this is going to allow us to add improve and add features at a more sustainable and even accelerated rate. (Today the code is a bit of a tangle, makes it overly time consuming to work with)

I suspect releases after that will be much more incremental and frequent, and will likely be much more feature oriented. New devs are able and willing to jump in are very welcome, and perhaps there might be some surprises in what folks may contribute to the code base.

• '19 '17 '16

Not to mention that the Strategic Bombing bug has been fixed.

Another notable improvement for online games is that you can now turn off needing to hit space when it isn’t your turn and you have no decision to make.

• TripleA is quite new for me, therefore I don’t know where to report a bug. I just write it in here, just in case there is someone who might be interested in it.

I only have been playing the WWII v5 1942 2nd Edition map, I don’t know the other maps.

Unfortunately, with the new version (1.9.0.0.3307), there seems to be the following problems with the stratetic bombing:
    -stratetic bombing doesn’t damage a factory, even it was a hit. The factory stays undamaged.
    -stratetic bombing suddenly costs (shouldn’t it be for free on the WWII map?)
    -there isn’t even the possibility to edit the factory damage (“change unit bombing damage”) in the Edit Mode, the buttom doesn’t appear.

With version 1.8.0.9, those things were working fine!

• @unkypal:

TripleA is quite new for me, therefore I don’t know where to report a bug. I just write it in here, just in case there is someone who might be interested in it.

I only have been playing the WWII v5 1942 2nd Edition map, I don’t know the other maps.

Unfortunately, with the new version (1.9.0.0.3307), there seems to be the following problems with the stratetic bombing:
    -stratetic bombing doesn’t damage a factory, even it was a hit. The factory stays undamaged.
    -stratetic bombing suddenly costs (shouldn’t it be for free on the WWII map?)
    -there isn’t even the possibility to edit the factory damage (“change unit bombing damage”) in the Edit Mode, the buttom doesn’t appear.

With version 1.8.0.9, those things were working fine!

Welcome to the forum, unkypal.

The best place to report TripleA related bugs is

https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/

but feel free to report it here, in case you are not familiar with Github, as me and others are active on Github, too.

I was able to reproduce all three issues. I can’t believe that no one noticed that before.
    Thank you very much for bringing it up.

Edit I:
    I reported it on Github:
    https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/1330

Edit II:
    This bug seems to affect all versions of world_war_II except Global.

• '19 '17 '16

Probably a data (map) problem. I’ll try and have a look soon.

• '19 '17 '16

@simon33:

I’ve found the relevant attribute and updated the relevant thread on Github, but I’m not completely sure on where the fix should apply. Some maps applying the damage to PUs is correct.

Hopefully, this will be merged soon and we won’t hear any more about it but if not everything is correct about my fixes to the 1942 versions only, you can let me know.

• @simon33:

@simon33:

I’ve found the relevant attribute and updated the relevant thread on Github, but I’m not completely sure on where the fix should apply. Some maps applying the damage to PUs is correct.

Hopefully, this will be merged soon and we won’t hear any more about it but if not everything is correct about my fixes to the 1942 versions only, you can let me know.

Thank you for your efforts, though I wonder why problems that were (possibly) introduced by an engine fix can be solved by map fixes - and - indeed - I wonder who knows which maps might be affected. Anyway let’s see how this works out…

Thanks again.

Edit:
    And please, don’t leave v3 1941 out… 1941 has always been the more popular scenario.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

So has there been any fix to the fact that triple a 1.9 still shitts itself on a mac when the scramble prompt comes up?  It just flashes.

• @Karl7:

So has there been any fix to the fact that triple a 1.9 still shitts itself on a mac when the scramble prompt comes up?  It just flashes.

No fix yet. The developpers are aware of the issue and investigating.

You can follow the issue here: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/1269

• '19 '17 '16

Not yet - unless you want to minimise Triple-A for every scramble box.

• @simon33:

Not yet - unless you want to minimise Triple-A for every scramble box.

A workaround at least…

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Ok, cool.  Just want to make sure it isn’t me.

• '17 '16 '15

Good to know simon. Should help diagnose the problem I would think

• The scramble-box issue on Macs has been fixed. Just download the latest version of TripleA.

• How do I find out which download I need…the 32 bit or the 64 bit?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19

Triplea 1.9.0.0.3393 has a map for Europe v1 but not Europe 1940 v2.  Triplea 1.8.0.9 has Europe 1940 v2.  Does this mean I will have to stick with 1.8.0.9 in order to play the latest version of Europe?

• '19 '17 '16

@captain:

How do I find out which download I need…the 32 bit or the 64 bit?

If you are on Windows it is somewhere under computer - properties.

• '19 '17 '16

@FMErwinRommel:

Triplea 1.9.0.0.3393 has a map for Europe v1 but not Europe 1940 v2.  Triplea 1.8.0.9 has Europe 1940 v2.  Does this mean I will have to stick with 1.8.0.9 in order to play the latest version of Europe?

I don’t know what you mean. I see 3 maps - Original, Sea Lion Balanced and 2nd Edition. Perhaps try downloading the map again?

• @FMErwinRommel:

Triplea 1.9.0.0.3393 has a map for Europe v1 but not Europe 1940 v2.  Triplea 1.8.0.9 has Europe 1940 v2.  Does this mean I will have to stick with 1.8.0.9 in order to play the latest version of Europe?

Actually it is there:

Start TripleA, hit “Download Maps” and under “High Quality - Available” you will find “World War II Europe”.
    You can easily verify by the map-image and info text showing up, that this is the version you are looking for.
    Once installed, you have got first and second edition of Europe 1940  (as well as a “Sealion” mod) to be found when hitting “Select Map”.

You will find the TripleA-map for the “old” Europe edition under “Experimental”, called just “Europe”.

HTH :-)

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19

Thanks, I installed Europe and v2 also became available.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m