Excellent quote from Congressman Jim Moran

• @M36:

I meant present times of course. Back in ww2 we didnt have to worry about the commie media freaking out if we killed some enemy civilians.

And of all the civilians we have killed in Iraq?  You negelected to mention those…
    Or is 3 years ago ancient history too?

• how do you define terrorist nc?

• As a sociopath with no regard for life with a minority agenda who trades their life to kill others in order to scare the majority into giving others who share the sociopath’s view a victory of policy/leadership.

• @ncscswitch:

As a sociopath with no regard for life with a minority agenda who trades their life to kill others in order to scare the majority into giving others who share the sociopath’s view a victory of policy/leadership.

So by your definition, the Nazis were not terrorists because they were the majority in Germany from 1933 to 1945?  Also they generally did not like to trade their life.  Perhaps the Nazis belong in a different catagory … what would you call them then?

There are many different varieties of evil, I suppose.

• The Nazis certainly were not Terrororist.  They may be called many things, but terrorist is NOT applicable to Nazis.

The Nazis were Nationalists.  They had a fundamental view of Germany being the best nation in Europe, and they fed this ideal with the bile of the Versailes treaty and the desire of the German people to not live in adject misery imposed form outside.  They took over, LEGALLY, they stabilized the economy, then created such rapid and massive growth that almost every citizen benefitted.  Had they not gone to war with Russia, they probably would still be in power today.

Did they have some fracked up ideas?  Were they bigots and racists?  Yes on both counts.

But there were not terrorists.

• If we lable the Nazis as terrorists we’re using a very broad definition of the word terrorist.

The Nazis were a regime sustained through force. A police state. Very rarely, if ever, can you define a government as terrorist.

• @221B:

So by your definition, the Nazis were not terrorists because they were the majority in Germany from 1933 to 1945?

I am not sure they were the majority, as …

@Yanny:

The Nazis were a regime sustained through force. A police state.

you don’t need to have a police state if you are the majority.

• Switch, you still dont get it do you???

When we kill civilians, it is an ACCIDENT
    Terrorists deliberatly target civilians.

I cant make it any easier, but since when do commies care about facts? :roll:

• I mainly wanted to point out that the definition of civilian is different for us than the terrorists as theirs allow them to kill anyone they want to.

These terrorists and the media supportive of them also apply a double standard to constrain the efforts of the Army and Marine units stationed there.  In their view, any unarmed person injured, or killed over there on our watch is our fault.  The villainous video beheadings are a recruiting tool for them, and its still our fault, even though some sword brotherhood or whatever claims responsibility.  Many of the beheaded are civilians to us, but not to them.

The media over there and here need a massive shakedown about what’s going on.

• Marine, that provides little comfort to a family when their kid dies because we accidentally blew their house up. If that happened to my son, as nice as I think I am  :lol: I think I might want a little payback against the people that did it.

• @Mary:

Marine, that provides little comfort to a family when their kid dies because we accidentally blew their house up. If that happened to my son, as nice as I think I am  :lol: I think I might want a little payback against the people that did it.

Exactly…to a loved one, it won’t matter the motive.  If it were deliberate, they may seek vengeance, but damage done is damage done.  Either they’ll think you’re too stupid or careless, or a heartless bastard.

I would consider a terrorist as anyone that employs terrorism (nearly as hard to define), which is defined by the American Heritage Dictionary (1) and Merriam-Webster’s (2):

(1) The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

(2) The unlawful use or threat of violence esp. against the state or the public as a politically motivated means of attack or coercion; violent and intimidating gang activity

According to those definitions, you’d find Osama, Bush & co., Nazis, Stalin, etc. on the same page.  I found other definitions, but they seem to be contemporary (as in terrorist: see Muslim) and conformed to stereotypes.  It appears that violence is the heart of terrorism; the intent is the mind.

• @M36:

Switch, you still dont get it do you???

When we kill civilians, it is an ACCIDENT
    Terrorists deliberatly target civilians.

I cant make it any easier, but since when do commies care about facts? :roll:

Sorry Marine, I am the OTHER end of the political spectrum from Communist, I am a Libertarian.

And Marine, you are the one who refuses to see facts… it was only recently that the “terrorists” in Iraq started to target civies, and even NOW it is rare.  They target US troops (and did almost exclusively until very recently).  Now they target more Iraqi authorities… especially the police.

And as far as “accidentally” killing civies…

How much of an “accident” is it when you bomb a dinner that not only MIGHT have your target, but also has innocent civilians WORKING the dinner?  That happened just a couple days ago in PAKISTAN.  How much of an “accident” is it to drop bombs in the middle of a city when civies die?  We did that all over Iraq.

SNIPERS kill targets.  BOMBS have collateral damage, no matter how “smart” they allegedly are.  And KNOWING that means that killing civies with one is NOT an accident, it is EXPECTED.

• @ncscswitch:

Did they have some fracked up ideas?  Were they bigots and racists?  Yes on both counts.

ok,
    who watches Battlestar Gallactica . . . hands up!

also i am finding myself increasingly on the same page with you in this forum.  Keep up the good work!

:mrgreen:

• Libertarian. :roll: LOL thats even worse. :lol:

By recently you of course mean since weve been there. The terrorists have been killing their own people since we have been there, detonating car bombs when there isnt a U.S. soldier within miles.

It is unfortunate that they are their, but the target is more important. So a couple of Arab waiters get killed in the process, its definantly worth it considering the amount of people our targets would like to kill.

• @M36:

Libertarian. :roll: LOL thats even worse. :lol:

By recently you of course mean since weve been there. The terrorists have been killing their own people since we have been there, detonating car bombs when there isnt a U.S. soldier within miles.

It is unfortunate that they are their, but the target is more important. So a couple of Arab waiters get killed in the process, its definantly worth it considering the amount of people our targets would like to kill.

…and if we were never there, then we wouldn’t have this problem.  So, we are still paying for a big mistake.  When will this country realize that you have to stop the bleeding in order to get better?

I love carousels.  Up and down, round and round…

• @M36:

So Marine, you are saying that we DO in fact deliberately kill civies WHEN IT SUITS OUR PURPOSE.

That is how you defined terrorist as I recall, that they kill civies to achieve their purpose.

So, using your own definitions and your own arguments and your own facts, you have declared the US to be terrorists.

Stick with my definition… the US doesn;t look quite so bad then.

• Libertarian. rolleyes LOL thats even worse.

Seems to me like the most American political idealogy. Don’t hate it because you don’t understand it. Hell, Libertarians trace their lineage back to Adam Smith.

• @cystic:

@ncscswitch:

ok,
    who watches Battlestar Gallactica . . . hands up!

also i am finding myself increasingly on the same page with you in this forum.  Keep up the good work!

:mrgreen:

Glad you are enjoying.  I am sure I will get on your nerves in another thread soon enough :-P

And yes!  Have LOVED the new Battlestar!  DVR is set to record it every Friday night.  Best show on television.  Incredibly well done.  First two seasons and the mini-series were excellent.  Season 3 starting out a bit shaky (but they had painted themselves into a corner with Pegasus end of last season) but I think they recovered well after 2 episodes, and we’ll see where it goes from here :-)

Sorry for the OT, back to terrorists…

• Switch, did you graduate from highschool?

Stop trying to switch my words around, and stop trying to accuse the greatest nation on the face of the earth of commiting the same actions as terrorists scum.

1)The American military does not intentionally kill civilians.
    2)If in fulfilling our mission, civilians must be killed, then they must be killed. It is far more important that a terrorist threat capable of killing thousands be removed. Our duty is to ensure that AMERICAN lives are protected.
    3) Terrorists do not have the defense of their homeland in mind. Most have them have even forsaken their nations to pursue their satanic goal of destroying the west.

If you disagree with me on any of these points, please do the nation a favor and move to some fucked up middle eastern country where we wont have to deal with you.

• Marine, I am going to respond in kind…

Get your f*cked up self back to Parris Island so that we don;t have to deal with your indoctrinated mind!

It is not my fault that you are incapable of seeing that the US killing civies when it suits OUR purpose is no different than terrorists killing civies when it suits THEIR purpose.

YOU are the one who said that what defines a terrorist is intentionally killing civies, and then follow up by pointing out that the US will intentionally kill civies if it suits our purpose.

I am not the one saying the US engages in Terrorism.  YOU are by your fracked up definiiton of terrorist.

Oh, and you swallow that line that the terrorists in Iraq are all foreigners?  What, they just walked in out of Iran and Syria and Suadi while we were “in control” of Iraq?  TNES OF THOUSANDS of terrorist just decided to show up an party?

I think one of those sand fleas gave you malaria.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m