• Another one…as there doesn’t seem to be any specific rules in the Rulebook.

1. Is only the USA restricted in where it can move Naval Ships (original territories/sea zones) while not at war, or does this apply too all countries that are not at war? (Russia, UKE in the MED)
    2. Is the UK/Commonwealth allowed to attack Strict Neutrals (IE. Saudi Arabia, South America, Portugal/Belgium Territories in Africa) at all or are they allowed to? It seems like a lot of free, easy money for the UK while the Axis doing the same get punished (liberating Argentina etc).

• 1. US yes

2. UK/Commonwealth cannot attack Strict Neutrals

• Thats what I thought but is not mentioned at all in the rulebook.

I use the 7.2 Rulebook from the HBG website and find it to be severely lacking. Lots of errors in it (+2 to USA when Japan attacks Australia/NZ Homeland, when it should say +25 USA, among other errors) and its not nearly descriptive enough with other rules (like the strict neutrals) leaving them open to interpretation.

• Rulebook v.7.2 is very old/outdated. It is for the 1st edition of Global War. I suggest you forget everything about Global War 1st edition and move on the 2nd edition, which is the current one.

For 2nd edition, the current version of the rules is v.1.2 - to be released tomorrow. You can find everything here:
    http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Download-Rules-for-GW-1936_c_660.html

Your question is already answered on page 22 of v.1.0 of the rules:
    Yes, Britain can declare war on Minor Powers once it reaches wartime production. However, it suffers a heavy penalty for doing so.

• I’m playing the Global War 1939 Edition, so the 1936 Edition Rules don’t apply.

• I believe its +2 to US income if Japan attacks Anzac. Thats the way we been playing it and that is correct.

We play the 1st edition 39. I just saw the 2nd edition setups. Rules to come out tomorrow.

We will stick to playing 1st edition. The rules have to much stuff in them. The group will never play the 2nd edition game. They just want to keep it the way it is now and add a few things maybe down the road. Plus not enough money involved in game and just don’t like the victory conditions.

It does have a great map and charts with the battle boards.

I may be selling my map and all the charts that came with it for maybe 100.00. You pay for shipping.

• I looked at previous versions of the rules to come up with the +25, which makes much more sense than +2…if Australia and NZ are being invaded, the US would want to become more involved.

• I’ll have to look at my files when I get home to see what you mean.
    I think 25 would be to much. That would put the US in the war to early.

Turn 1  income roll ave     12
                                            +5  Paris falls
                                          =17
    Turn 2  income roll ave     12
                                          +25  UK/Comm attacked
                                          =54
    Turn 3  income roll ave     12
                                          +25  Australia attacked
                                          =91  US at war

So in our games US made it to war at end of turn 4 do to high income rolls only twice.

Ave time US in war is turn 5 to 7. We have played over 20 games so far.

If you attack Australia you are going to be out of position as Japan because you will be to spread out and with US in war Early they will be coming down on you quick.
    The Japan sneak attack is very important so you can regroup your troops on the 2nd movement.
    I’ll check out the +25 rule. I’ll have to see if it was reduced in future updates.

• The Version 6* had it as +25, while 7.2 has it at +2….which I assumed was in error, based on all the other grammatical errors I’ve noticed.

My understanding was that the Japanese sneak attack was a +35 income + 3 battles where the defender does not roll for the first round (and US ships at a -2 for each round of combat after the first)…not a 2-phase thing like the German Blitzkrieg on T-1.

• The 2nd move for Japan is the pieces that moved in combat for sneak attack can move again in the non combat move .

• OK an unprovoked declaration of war on UK / Comm W is +25 to US and Japan attacks Australia and/or New Zealand mainland its +2 for US. So I went back and changed my chart.

• :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m