• Hi,
    I recently bought A&A 1914 and it’s amazing !
    A friend and I played it for 7 straight hours and it still wasn’t clear what the outcome would be, which kept the game very interesting.
    We never really ran out of playing pieces, but we used chips as much as we could and both played very aggressively.

So, I was thinking about buying extra playing pieces to give us a bit more freedom.
    I know the Germans need extra pieces the most so I’m going to buy a German army set
    ( 3 inf, 2 arty, 1 tank, 1 airplane, 1 sub, 1transport, 1 cruiser, 1 battleship, 3 roundels).
    But which other nations need extra pieces the most?
    It doesn’t seem very neccessary for Italy, the Ottoman empire and the USA, but what about France, Great Britian and Austria? 
    What did you guys do?

I live in Belgium, so I was thinking about buying them on HBG EU.
    Is this a good site? I saw that they don’t sell everything I need. Does anyone know if they update their store frequently?

• '18 '17 '16

I think that it would be good to at least pick up another set of U.K. like you did with Germany. They are the nation with the most room to expand and pick up other territories in Africa and the Ottoman Empire which means that you might need extra infantry between those places and Europe.

• Customizer

I had to borrow extra US ships from another game until I got the extra pieces.

You’ll find the western front tts get very crowded with units; my solution is to convert every land unit into chips bar the infantry toppers, using a different coloured chip for each unit type. This at least restricts it to one stack per power per tt.

grey/white - infantry
    green - tanks
    red - artillery
    blue - aircraft

yellow is reserved for cavalry; black for bombers

• also this Mark II Tank from Table Tactics are WW1 tanks?? cant find pictures of them

• Thank you for all the replies!
    I think I’m going to buy a German and UK set then, even though the shipping costs are a pain in the ***.
    Does anyone know if the German set will be back in stock soon?

• i made order on HBGeu, man who work there is called Delaja, you can ask what you want and you will get answer next day. My shiping cost to Macedonia where 7 eu,( igot invoice on e mail, but i dont pay this shipping cost because my order was +50 eu. Also got track number)

• @mendieta:

i made order on HBGeu, man who work there is called Delaja, you can ask what you want and you will get answer next day. My shiping cost to Macedonia where 7 eu,( igot invoice on e mail, but i dont pay this shipping cost because my order was +50 eu. Also got track number)

Yeah, HBGeu is situated in the Netherlands so the shipping costs are really low for me (Belgium).
    It just sucks that they don’t have any German sets for A&A 1914 left…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m