1914 OOB map ( note twice the size of OOB)

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4z1mvdakbza7hd/Axis and Allies 1914 OOB final.pdf?dl=0

This is my link for 1914 OOB map due to many requests for a larger map.

• Great version! Portuguese East Africa has the wrong colour since its french alligned. Albania should have the colours of Italy not Russia.

• Albania was Independent until invaded by Italy before WW2. They were in 1914 aligned with Serbia, which means Russian control. ( brown). The game mistakenly has them Italian because WOTC make games without Books. It does show Italian control, Portugal should be under English influence ( latter in the war they entered the war as British allies)

• Great work man, simply amazing. Any advise how to print?

• Customizer

Hasn’t corrected the Polish coastline problem or the Bulgarian border mistake.

Give a crap: read a map.

• Its OOB not historical, so there are no mistakes

• Customizer

Except the change to Albania…

• What are the dimensions of this map?
    Is it roughly 45”x45”?
    If I wanted to get this printed out at something like38x38 would it look ok? Sorry I have no experience in this so I have to ask.

Great looking map. Better than OOB for sure

• @Locke888:

What are the dimensions of this map?
    Is it roughly 45�x45�?
    If I wanted to get this printed out at something like38x38 would it look ok? Sorry I have no experience in this so I have to ask.

Great looking map. Better than OOB for sure

the original map is 32.5″ x 32.25″ (82.6cm x 81.9cm). This is twice the size of the original map, i am going to a printshop today and print this map.

• i went to the shop, they only print max 1meter x 1meter… still bigger than the original map, could make good use of this printed map because smaller territories are bigger now :D a great success! with the extra cards and all it cost me 32 euros.

• @Mukremin:

i went to the shop, they only print max 1meter x 1meter… still bigger than the original map, could make good use of this printed map because smaller territories are bigger now :D a great success! with the extra cards and all it cost me 32 euros.

1 meter =39”……39”x39” would be ideal for me.

Let us know how it turns out.

• @Locke888:

@Mukremin:

i went to the shop, they only print max 1meter x 1meter… still bigger than the original map, could make good use of this printed map because smaller territories are bigger now :D a great success! with the extra cards and all it cost me 32 euros.

1 meter =39�……39�x39� would be ideal for me.

Let us know how it turns out.

i must say it looks great, high quality map. The guy rolled the map so when putting on the table i need to put some weight on the corners. It sure gives more space in Italy and Western Front, that is ideal considering the mass amount of troops concentrated there in later parts of the game.

• Yea sure

• @Mukremin:

The guy rolled the map so when putting on the table i need to put some weight on the corners.

What material did you print it on, vinyl? Try rerolling the map map-side facing out (and store in a map tube if possible)… that way, when you unroll it for play, it has a natural tendency to curl down to the table instead of up into the air… this will help the map flatten itself out on its own.  I do this with my maps and never have an issue with the map curling up.

• @Nowhere:

@Mukremin:

The guy rolled the map so when putting on the table i need to put some weight on the corners.

What material did you print it on, vinyl? Try rerolling the map map-side facing out (and store in a map tube if possible)… that way, when you unroll it for play, it has a natural tendency to curl down to the table instead of up into the air… this will help the map flatten itself out on its own.  I do this with my maps and never have an issue with the map curling up.

will need to get a tube ASAP, we are going to play and test out the new printed map today :)
    the store could only print onto some hard poster paper, no vinyl.
    What material did you print your maps?

• @Mukremin:

will need to get a tube ASAP, we are going to play and test out the new printed map today :)
    the store could only print onto some hard poster paper, no vinyl.
    What material did you print your maps?

I’ve printed my maps on Scrim Vinyl, also known as Outdoor-banner Vinyl (they are one-in-the-same)… I buy my poster tubes on Amazon, of course any tube will do as long as your map will fit in it… the tube I use for most of my maps are in the link.

DEWEL Plastic Expanding Poster Tube 24.5" to 40" with Clear ID Card Cap and Adjustable Carrying Belt, Water and Light Resist Transport Tube Telescoping Carrying Case for Blueprints (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AJ569OQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_BZtVAbJ80Z328

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Hi Mukremin, it seems where both from the Netherlands and I’m curious which print shop you used.

I haven’t come across a shop that prints on vinyl, but it seems that most do print on PVC material for outdoor banners which might be comparable to vinyl.

• @Tjoek:

Hi Mukremin, it seems where both from the Netherlands and I’m curious which print shop you used.

I haven’t come across a shop that prints on vinyl, but it seems that most do print on PVC material for outdoor banners which might be comparable to vinyl.

I think we’re all talking about the same thing, but using different terminology… looks like PVC used on outdoor banners, is just another word for outdoor banner vinyl, which itself is another word for scrim vinyl… I think all-three are different terms for the same thing… check this link out…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinyl_banners

So if you can get an A&A map printed on PVC Banner material in Holland, that’s the same as getting Scrim Vinyl for outdoor banners in the US. At least as far as I understand the above link… sounds like it’s all the same.

• Customizer

Has anyone tried printing a version with the middle stretched horizontally to give more room in the most crowded tts? Map is unusable with OOB components.

• @Tjoek:

Hi mate! I have printed it in a regular copy&co shop, in Tilburg. I have printed it on regular hard poster paper, it isn’t perfect but it did very well and the lads liked it more than the original board. If only i can get a larger print on vinyl/PVC. That would be awesome.

@Flashman, i did not have any trouble with crowded tts, only issue was in Switzerland. If you have a 20cm more larger map then your troubles are over, no more over crowded issue.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m