• Here is a compilation of humorous and somewhat true three-step strategies.  I did not create many of these and most are paraphrases of other players.

Germany:
    Kill Russia
    Kill Russia
    Kill Russia

Soviet Union:
    Build up
    Fall back
    Die

Japan:
    Bonsai! Tora!
    Bonsai! Take everything
    Bonsai! Don’t get nuked

United States:
    Build 'em up!
    Ship 'em out!
    Lay 'em on!

China:
    don’t die
    Are you dead?
    Russia hates you now.

United Kingdom:
    Europe:
    Defend!
    Defend!
    ATTACK!

Pacific:
    Stack
    Stack
    yawn

Italy:
    “We are going to be powerful like Germany!”
    “Uh…Germany…any help?”
    gets 1-2 punch on Rome “You got to be kidding me.”

ANZAC:
    Land-grab East Indies
    Amphib-assault East Indies
    “You mad bro (Japan)?”

France:
    Die
    Rant about your future
    Just suck it up.  Everyone knows you won’t amount to anything.

• LMFAO

• '17 '16 '13 '12

I disagree with the script.

Allies can’t win against a good Axis player if they fall back (at least in the second edition). To negate the Axis positional advantages, you need to force battles of attrition on them that slow them down and you need to reduce the relevance of long supply lines for the Allies.

I think that containing Japan is key and the nations that can most easily do it are Russia, China, UK Europe, UK Pacific and Anzac working together (with some support form the US, using a fleet in being, threat from bombers and subs). Do everything you can do destroy Japanese land units (risk your own planes as necessary), harass convoy zones with subs and force the Japanese to trade destroyers against subs. Force Japan to lose land units on the islands with land troops and Anzac fighters. Don’t hesitate to give Japan juicy targets to attack for as long as you force them to get out of position, bleed land units and prevent them from getting their income up.

You do not need to crush Japan decisively, but you need to contain it. There is a considerable delta between a strong Japan / weak UK Pacific / China vs. a weak Japan / strong UK Pacific and strong China.

The hope is that UK Pacific and UK Europe combined can eventually help fend off Germany along with a strong US Europe presence.

• These are NOT optimal strategies.  They are meant to be funny and either ridicule “standard strategies” or make fun of losing situations.  Let me explain tthem to the best of my abillity:

Germany:
    Must kill Russia and not worry about anything else like Sea Lion or Africa.  This comes from many players who believe that taking Moscow early is the only way to victory for Germany.

Soviet Union:
    This comes from the classic Russian build up early on which is soon negated by overwhelming German force.  It ridicules those who just stack Moscow instead of trying to counterattack.

Japan:
    1 symbolizes the J1 attack which is used more than J2 and J3
    2 symbolizes taking the money islands
    3 symbolizes getting so rapped up is Asia, that you allow the U.S. to take Tokyo (lol!)

U.S.
    This is actually quite true: with the U.S. you must get enough force to defend yourself or make a hole in your opponent.  Then you must get into a great position like Gibraltar or Carolines.  Then eventually you get that great opportunity–wham!

China:
    This, of course, is about players who think China is useless.  In my personal experience, I think most people just like to sacrifice Chinese units.  And of course such gameplay will cause Japan to hit Stalingrad and then Russia yells at you.

United Kingdom:
    Europe:
    Defending is important early but only in the UK itself.  If Germany at least threatens Sea lion, we see UK just defending for awhile.  Then finallly they make a big blow like Rome or Denmark.

Pacific:
    This ridicules players who just build infantry and simply put everything in India.  You bet they get bored.

Italy:
    This is more of a ridicule of Mussolini himself.  Or Italy after a really pro-UK Taranto dice mow -over.

ANZAC:
    Quite true.  The money islands are ANZACs biggest thing they usually can do…and Japan hates that.

France:
    I object to explaining this one.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m