• '16

My first post…

Is anyone on here playing the app 1941? I have been playing a few years and would like to find some opponents that I can also communicate with. Playing against other people online is fun but it’s nice to exchange strategy/banter and know if I’m whomping/being whomped by a seasoned vet or a 12 year old lol. :-D

• Hi t0m

Welcome to the forum.

What do you mean by the 1941 app?

Many of us on this forum play each other using tripleA s/w that is available free to download. If you do not have that I or others can point you at it.

Then we play each other using the forum to post turns.

This board is for finding people to play face to face. For the board to find opponents to play by forum, follow this link:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=52.0

Happy gaming!

• '16

Hi Private,

Thank you for the reply!

There exists an app for Android devices (Maybe iOS as well) basically copied from Axis&Allies which I really like. It would be fun to play people on that app but be able to talk about the game here with opponents, or at least exchange emails. This would be as close as I can get to face to face.

I did check the forum for finding players nearby but didn’t see anyone in my area. While the concept of playing via forum is cool, I think I’ll stick to the app.

I hope that clarifies things!

• Good luck then t0m. Never heard of that app but hopefully someone will come forward to give you a game.

• '17 '15

I’ve got it but I never played online.I would like to try if you are interested.Let me know please.(if you meant the game made by Electrwolff)

• '16

@Dukla:

I’ve got it but I never played online.I would like to try if you are interested.Let me know please.(if you meant the game made by Electrwolff)

Dukla,

All you need now then is a Google play account. I will give you a way better match than the AI, just be advised that when defending you cannot select your casualties or intentionally submerge your submarines when defending.

As a general rule, if subs are outnumbered or very outgunned they will submerge. They will fight back against a single attacking sub though. There are various other rules that the hit distribution system follows that are generally intuitive but sadly not customizable. I still don’t know all of the details but am learning as I go.

My screen name on Google play is t0mb0mb87 (with zeros). I look forward to your invite. I really like the 1942 option with standard victory conditions. It takes more time than other options but it seems to be the most balanced and better reflects long-term strategy over luck in my opinion.

Tom

• @t0mb0mb87:

@Dukla:

Dukla,

All you need now then is a Google play account. I will give you a way better match than the AI, just be advised that when defending you cannot select your casualties or intentionally submerge your submarines when defending.

As a general rule, if subs are outnumbered or very outgunned they will submerge. They will fight back against a single attacking sub though. There are various other rules that the hit distribution system follows that are generally intuitive but sadly not customizable. I still don’t know all of the details but am learning as I go.

My screen name on Google play is t0mb0mb87 (with zeros). I look forward to your invite. I really like the 1942 option with standard victory conditions. It takes more time than other options but it seems to be the most balanced and better reflects long-term strategy over luck in my opinion.

Tom

I have the App myself, there is a little trick to cheat the game, basically when you’re in a battle, and you feel like ignoring dice results, all you have to do is let the rolls come in (let your enemy hit), then exit the game immediately, and come back to it after to the same battle, you can have battles with 100% survival to your units, so as long as it’s your turn.

I have complained to the developer about this exploit, but he has not been on in quite some time (nearly a year), so I feel it’s not being provided anymore support, such a shame, as I would have gladly payed $10 or more for his own variation of 1940.

• '16

Fuhrermeister,

I know a lot of people were doing that (myself excluded) and it was really frustrating until I got better than the cheaters. I actually quit playing for some time because I really spent a lot of time strategizing, and to see every defensive stance fall like nothing was very demoralizing. I got better at knowing who was cheating though.

• @t0mb0mb87:

Fuhrermeister,

I know a lot of people were doing that (myself excluded) and it was really frustrating until I got better than the cheaters. I actually quit playing for some time because I really spent a lot of time strategizing, and to see every defensive stance fall like nothing was very demoralizing. I got better at knowing who was cheating though.

That’s why I stopped playing the App, the AI cheats itself (The dice does favor them, always gets one on me, with just Infantry), and players do the same. The developer either doesn’t care anymore, is dead, or has yet to release a new version.

• '16

It’s still fun though when playing against non cheaters. I have noticed the AI has abnormally good rolls as well, which is just as well because it needs something to make up for the poor strategy!

• I am actively in this melee. Seek my name as you see it here and test yourself.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m