• So Finland collects 3 Income and also gives 3 Income to Germany once Germany activates it.

However, you are only allowed to build Industrial Factories on areas that meet the requirement.

All of Finland has a Value of 1. So Finland cannot produce a Factory, thus stockpiling its money every turn (smart USSR would let it build it a bit before taking Helsinki).

So why does Finland collect an income if it cannot spend it? To aid USSR once Helsinki is captured?

Correct me if I am wrong or am missing something!

• You can build troops on Finland at anytime once activated. There’s like a make believe factory there for them. The same thing for Hungry, Bulgaria, and Romania once activated.
    You could also just put a minor factory on them countries with there country token. But then use a German token under factory if they build a factory on Hungry, Bulgaria or Romania.
    Pretty much every game we play Romania gets a Minor or Major factory from Germany.

• My understanding is that  Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria can all have Minor Factories built on them - either by the Germans or once they have collected enough. But for each of them, their territory is worth at least 2, which meets the requirement.

So Germany is allowed to build a factory in Finland (or Finland can build it once it has enough income?).

• No, Germany cannot build a factory on Finland. Finland only worth 1. I know this is confusing. Once Germany activates these 4 Pro Axis countries they all get a built in factory. The factories are just not on the board.
    Just think it as these four countries can build after activation.

Plus Germany can build only on 3 of these countries weither its a minor or major IC. Hungry only a minor. Worth 2 Have to look at map.

So in Romania once activated it can start building next turn worth 6 icps that they get at end of each turn and Germany can build a major IC there and place up to 10 units or a minor and place 6 units there.

• You know, I think I did not read the rules properly, and assumed that the Axis Minors needed Factories to begin producing units. This changes everything  :-o

I will see how my group responds to this tomorrow night when we meet for our Thursday Night game.

• Ya pretty much normal buy is Finland-inf, Hungry-inf, Bulgaria-art, and Romania-tank.

You can save money and get a more costly piece if you wanted.

• I get the impression the Axis-Minors are more cannon-fodder or Partisan-prevention (with the exception of the Romanian tank) then an attacking force.

• Yep also with the German IC in Romania you can run fast troops down to Leningrad and back if needed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m