• Thanks for the info about the March 1941 starting date. I’d been wondering whether (and if so, in what way) the game was meant to cover such widely-separated aspects of the war in the Mediterranean (and southern Europe and North Africa) as the rapid German conquest of Greece and Yugoslavia (April-May 1941) on the one hand, and the much longer and larger campaign for maritime control of the Mediterreanan on the other hand (which was virtually a miniature version of the Battle of the Atlantic, and which lasted nearly as long). It sounds as if the game concentrates on the former element, or at least uses it as its starting point.

• @Marc:

I do appreciate the fact that for once no US forces will be involved into the game. Regarding vichy france, will they be neutrals that will align when attacked. Also, are there going to be special rules for a AfrikaKorps?

Thank you!  I appreciate the vote of confidence. As for the French there are rules for each side (axis and allies) to influence Vichy territories/units to join their causes.  There are also rules that add modifiers to the attempt when a country uses a “show of military force”.  Failure will result in combat when a show of military force is used.  Each side may also attack these territories/units normally as well.  Ideally, each side would like to get the free units though.

As for Afrika Korps there are no special rules at this time.  However, I continue to come up with ideas that could be implemented in the game.  Rather than continue to delay the release of the game by trying to add all these ideas,  I plan to offer optional expansion rules down the road.  Some concepts for this include rules for Spain and Turkey.  Rules for Spain are done and tested.  Turkey would work similarly.  The rules work, but I i’m not quite happy how it plays out.  The concept is to have functioning neutrals that build and move units that both the axis and the allies jockey to maneuver.  These neutral would offer alternative means for the axis to achieve a victory via Victory Point total.  Afrika Korps is something that could definitely be added with those rules.

• @CWO:

Thanks for the info about the March 1941 starting date. I’d been wondering whether (and if so, in what way) the game was meant to cover such widely-separated aspects of the war in the Mediterranean (and southern Europe and North Africa) as the rapid German conquest of Greece and Yugoslavia (April-May 1941) on the one hand, and the much longer and larger campaign for maritime control of the Mediterreanan on the other hand (which was virtually a miniature version of the Battle of the Atlantic, and which lasted nearly as long). It sounds as if the game concentrates on the former element, or at least uses it as its starting point.

You’re welcome!  I appreciate the interest in the game.  You hit the nail right on the head.  There was a lot going on in the region during the war, but at different times, etc.  The game does focus more on the Balkan campaigns early on, but moves to the French North African territories, and naval combat in the Med pretty quick.  Trying to put it all together to make an enjoyable game was challenging.

• As a side note. Will there be a recommended parts list for the game so we can know in advance which game pieces should be buying?

• @Marc:

As a side note. Will there be a recommended parts list for the game so we can know in advance which game pieces should be buying?

Yes.  There will be a list of suggested piece counts for each country and misc pieces included in the rules. The idea is to have the rules as a free download.

• I was fortunate enough to be involved in Play Testing this game.  It has well thought-out rules that are clear and easy to interpret.  You will all enjoy.  I promise you.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I was fortunate enough to be there, as well, and combat miniatures is right.

It is a fantastic game. :-D

• '17

It won’t be a game based on World War II if US forces are omitted. It might still be a fun alternate history themed board game.

• @Ichabod:

It won’t be a game based on World War II if US forces are omitted. It might still be a fun alternate history themed board game.

I do not agree with you. True: I would prefer US being part of the game.
    But as the designer told: Allied victory on turn X means: Axis did not win prior to US joining. So yes, that basically means: you got up till the Americans coming….

• Does someone know if there has been any progress so far? It’s a pitty we always end up having new iterations of the global maps or pacific/europe scenarios and not other theaters of operations.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m