• '17

• They have these very nice models on Shapeways. I purchased a set of 10 for $12 and I’m very happy with the 3D printing job.

Go to Shapeways and type Axis and Allies in the search bar.

• '17 '16

@ProtesT:

Does anyone carry these anymore?

There’s almost always someone selling these on E-Bay… just keep searching, there’s almost always some on sale there… as for an on-line store like HBG or something… very, very rare to see them come from a source like that… I just highly recommend scouring E-Bay for Industrial Complexes… if for any reason there aren’t any no the day you search, just keep searching every few days, they will turn-up, they always do.

• I would post pictures of the two different styles I ordered from Shapeways, but the forum isn’t letting me attach pictures for some reason. The Shapeways models from designer eBard are very nice.

• '17 '16

@Defcon5:

I would post pictures of the two different styles I ordered from Shapeways, but the forum isn’t letting me attach pictures for some reason.

Because you only have 6 posts on this site… you need 10 posts or more to be able to post pics.

• @Defcon5:

They have these very nice models on Shapeways. I purchased a set of 10 for $12 and I’m very happy with the 3D printing job.

Very nice too, but unfortunately even the minor factories cost £23.84 for those of us in the UK. My choices appear to be to move to the US or listen to Wolf.  :roll: Which would anyone recommend?

• 23.84 would be a bit expensive, but you do get 10 factories. That’s not horrible if it includes shipping, but I’ve seen better prices on Ebay and sometimes even on Etsy.

• This tight-fisted old dog has managed to avoid ebay so far in life! I will have to roll up my sleeves and get dirty!

• '17 '16

I went to the Shapeway site, and those factories were nowhere close to 10 for $12 if that’s US Dollars… they were much pricier when I looked (Dec 2016).

Anyways, E-Bay really is the way to go if all you want are some of the classic factories… I have three dozen factories now (keep 12 in my old “classic” game that collects dust and 24 in my current 1941/1942 shared unit-bin).  You can usually get a dozen for $5-$12 bucks give or take, depending on the seller.

• @Wolfshanze:

I went to the Shapeway site, and those factories were nowhere close to 10 for $12 if that’s US Dollars… they were much pricier when I looked (Dec 2016).

I thought the price might have increased, but I just went there and the ones I ordered (from eBard Models) are $12 (US Dollars) and you get 10 in the 3D print. I ordered 10 regular, white, two stack factories to represent the minor ones and I ordered 10 black, four stack factories for major.

I’m currently finding Ebay prices of original industrial complexes such as 11 for $9 or 12 for $8, so I’d probably go with Ebay prices if you’re looking for original pieces. I just personally liked the idea of getting two different models from Shapeways in two different colors to differentiate between minor and major.

• I can upload actual photos of mine if anyone is interested. These are just digital images from the website.

major.JPG
    minor.JPG

• Out of curiosity, has anyone here ever played around with the idea of using the hotel pieces from Monopoly as A&A industrial complexes?  The green houses in Monopoly look like houses, and they’re the same colour as the sculpts for the US units, so they’re not suitable for use in A&A, but the hotel pieces are red (a colour which was only ever used in the old A&A Pacific game, so they wouldn’t have to be painted) and they’re shaped like a big, blocky building that could easily be interpreted as being a factory of some sort, even though it doesn’t have a saw-toothed roof.  I don’t own a copy of the game, so I don’t know if the hotels are bigger or smaller than the A&A ICs, so I’m not sure if they’d be more suited to represent major or minor ICs relative to the A&A ones.

• Yes I have glued a smoke stack to the green houses and painted them dark grey for minor factories until I got more white ones. They do look good on map. Easy to tell there minors.

I’ve also have painted green houses and use them for forts and fortresses.

The hotels are just a pinch bigger than the A A major factories.

• The Monopoly hotels are bigger than I thought.

image1(3).png

• I like the rust colored minor the best.

• Thanks for the comparative photo.  The modified houses look quite good as minor ICs.

• '17 '16

@Defcon5:

I thought the price might have increased, but I just went there and the ones I ordered (from eBard Models) are $12 (US Dollars) and you get 10 in the 3D print. I ordered 10 regular, white, two stack factories to represent the minor ones and I ordered 10 black, four stack factories for major.

I just personally liked the idea of getting two different models from Shapeways in two different colors to differentiate between minor and major.

There are actually two-different colors of the original OOB A&A Industrial Complexes… the most common being the white ones (from Classic A&A I believe)… one of the last runs of A&A ICs (maybe Revised?) actually had grey ICs… I know this, because without painting I have both grey and white ICs that I have gotten from Ebay.

• '21 '18 '16

I have some I will sell. Send a PM and I’ll send you an address to send the cash. USD please. Make offer. I have about 30 of the old ones (A&A original) that I don’t use.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I’ll be in the process of producing a minor/ major factory to go with my air/naval pieces. I hope to have them available mid Jan. I just have a few side projects I need to finish up first.

Like others mentioned, eBay is a good place as well…. For now :)

• @Defcon5:

I can upload actual photos of mine if anyone is interested.

Yes, I would like to see pictures of these.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m