They got it Wrong to get it FIRST!

• http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/04/D8EU0TKG8.html

Some newspapers in the east got it wrong!
    The late night radio Coast to Coast with George Norrie(sp?) got it wrong!

Sounds like more…
    Bush Lied! Rumsfeld will resign! Republicans are in revolt! Cheney will be convicted! Bush will be impeached!..
    news.

I think we better stop listening to todays news. 
    Let’s get the update on the 2000 election and go from thre.

• The late night radio Coast to Coast with George Norrie

LMFAO! Thats the same station that has that crank Richard C. Hoagland saying that Iaputis is an artificial “space station” known as the “death star”. George and Art Bell before him spend hours and hours over the years discussing when it will “activate” and start blowing up the inner planets with its death ray. And you say they made a mistake is a real understatement!

BTW i listen to that comedy show every night when im sleeping.

• I’m not sure that you intended to post this.  I mean yes, the news got it wrong initially, but i can’t find a single amusing thing about this.  In fact, it is one of the sadder things that i have read recently.  I mean 12 miners died and because the news got it wrong this is FUNNY??
    You guys suck.

• They are not dead because the news got it wrong.  Check your syntax Yanni.

And no, nothing funny about it.  They posted the information that was known at the time they went to press.

And they had bad data.

• It’s important that mining dramas are widely reported in our country.

The news mentioned a prior mining drama in PA where the rescuers succeeded in bringing out the miners alive.

Communist China has lost many more miners than we have.  It’s a yearly thing for them.  Most have already been forgotten.  The government does not allow the media there to care.

• @ncscswitch:

They are not dead because the news got it wrong.  Check your syntax Yanni.

1. reread the quote and know what you are talking about before you say something stupid.
    2. it was me - not Yanny

And no, nothing funny about it.  They posted the information that was known at the time they went to press.

then why are IM and EJ enjoying it so much?

• then why are IM and EJ enjoying it so much?

I hope your not trying to pull me into this toilet bowl flush. IM= IMperious? or who?

for the record im just laughing at the use of George Norrie for anything relative to a factual statement… other than some big foot story or another flying saucer attack.

I aggree with CC, but i never commented on those poor chaps who lost their fathers and husbands, only the drips on the radio that claim to be news agencies.

• I was up at 3am then (guess why?), and saw Nightline bring a live report about the miners being saved.  Actually, I came in the middle of it, and thought it was an old video of the PA rescue.  A couple was standing there saying that they got a call and rushed over, but couldn’t see the individuals because they needed to be checked.  Nothing specific was being said.  I wondered: is this real?  Could they be dead and they don’t want to break the horrible news?  I was informed the next day that they only found 1 alive, in critical condition.  What is his status?

I hardly think the situation is laughable.  They were intending to give great news about a near disaster, that in actuality turned out to be false.  I would shame them if they rushed HORRIBLE news, which seems to be the standard for most news these days.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m