Question: Bombing airport - Prevents scramble?

• Hi everyone,

We discussed this scenario during our game this weekend:

Japan (me) made two combat moves against India in the same round:

1. Tactically bombing its airport.

2. Attacking the remaining british fleet, situated in the adjacent seazone 39, with my fleet.

The bombing was a success by adding 5 damage. Is it then possible/not possible for the UK player to scramble in the following battle in SZ39?

I apologize if it states the rules in the rulebook, but I couldn’t find any info about this. Hope you have the time enlighten me in this case.

• @Duke:

The bombing was a success by adding 5 damage. Is it then possible/not possible for the UK player to scramble in the following battle in SZ39?

Scramble takes place as a defender’s move at the end of the attacker’s combat movement phase. Bombing occurs after that.

See
    @rulebook:

Scramble
    Scrambling is a special movement that the defender can make at the end of this phase [i.e.the combat movement phase]. It must be done after all of the attacker’s combat movements have been completed and all attacks have been declared. The attacker may not change any combat movements or attacks after the defender has scrambled….

HTH :-)

• Ok, that makes sense, thank you very much

• This rule is very important. It also means that, if you attack both at land and at sea, the planes can only chose one of the combats to participate in, before knowing the results of any other combat.  This can be very interesting in amfibious landings and often outside places like india, egypt, uk and italy.

• Most definitely! And I understand that now, I mean it should litterally be descriped as a faze between the declaring combat moves faze and the conduct combat faze

• '19 '17 '16

@Duke:

Most definitely! And I understand that now, I mean it should litterally be descriped as a faze between the declaring combat moves faze and the conduct combat faze

Fully. Declaring intercept, scramble and kamikaze decisions should be their own phase to provide clarity in the rules. Not for any other reason. Actually resolving those things can still be in conduct combat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m