• @Wolfshanze:

As for the map, I fully intend on sharing with anyone who wants it… I haven’t yet finished smoothing out the board seems from my stitch job, but as soon as that’s done,  I will share the full size map… I’ll release it in original PNG format so it can be easily modified if anyone wants to make customized changes to the board. Of course,  I think the scan job went pretty good… it should port over pretty good to printing a smooth one piece map of whatever size you want.

Thanks very much Wolf.

@Wolfshanze:

So Private Panic, what did you think of the great Napoleon and Wellington cardboard chits? Are you sticking with them as your leaders or will you do something different?  How are you storing your pieces?

I guess I will replace the cardboard chits at some point. But storage is not a problem in my non-OCD world Wolf! :roll: Plastic bags work fine! :-o

• '17 '16

@Private:

I guess I will replace the cardboard chits at some point. But storage is not a problem in my non-OCD world Wolf! :roll: Plastic bags work fine! :-o

Nooooooooooooooo!  :-o

Now I won’t be able to sleep at night, knowing that across the Atlantic your War and Peace units are floating around loosely in plastic bags, not properly stored in a storage bin… my OCD senses are going crazy!

But please replace those cardboard chits, how can a lowly cardboard chit lead armies of 3D sculpted army units?

• Chastised as I am, I will gladly play with any Napoleon or Wellington figures you kindly send over …… :-)

• bgugs - We played two games as I said. France won the first and Britain the second. In the second game Britain spent all its money in the first two turns on diplomatic rolls for Prussia, bringing them into the war in turn 2.

Did Spain not take Gibraltar at that point? The best strategy I have been able to come up with for Britain is to spend heavy on Gibraltar to kill Spain while trying to find the money to bring Prussia in. In my experience if you don’t fight through Gibraltar Britain can’t get the required troops to the mainland. Maybe there is something I am missing but it just seems like Spain needs to be contained before Britain can throw money at Prussia. It has also been a while since I played this so maybe I should go back and try it again. I am glad you guys enjoy it too. It is definitely a fun little game.

• Yes bgugs. Gibraltar did fall, never to be recaptured. GB used its naval dominance to land troops all around Europe’s coasts instead, wherever an opportunity presented itself, causing France and Spain lots of problems.

More importantly, Prussia was able to combine with Russia, eventually squeezing France out of Vienna and bringing Austria back into the war.

Based on an experience of only 2 games it seemed clear that Prussia contributed far more than Gibralter would have done. Perhaps my next game will prove differently! :-D

• '17 '16

@Private:

Chastised as I am, I will gladly play with any Napoleon or Wellington figures you kindly send over …… :-)

Do a search of E-Bay… look for 54mm Napoleon or Duke of Wellington miniatures… or try the poor mans avenue, get a bunch of toy soldiers and grab one of the officer looking dudes for each side:

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Soldiers-Napoleonic-Infantry-Waterloo/dp/B00HYHI6LW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523381766&sr=8-1&keywords=napoleonic+soldiers

https://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Soldiers-Napoleonic-Infantry-Waterloo/dp/B00HYJOPJM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1523381766&sr=8-2&keywords=napoleonic+soldiers

• Thanks for the links Wolf :-)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I just got this game, and hope to play it soon. :-D

• Enjoy!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Thanks Private Panic!

I think I will enjoy it. :-)

• I haven’t played this in a while. Maybe my group missed something. It always seemed to me thought that France could easily hold its coast while running over Austria and even Prussia if necessary and then slowly over power Russia since they are making so much money at that point. I always found that Britain’s only chance was to try to run through Spain and hopefully do it faster than France gets through Prussia and Austria, then kill France from both sides. However, it has been a while and my opponents tended to also make major mistakes so that could have lead to me finding this game very one sided.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m