Industrial complex in Norway for the Americans? What do you guys think.

• '19

We were playing a great game last week and my colleague who played UK and I was USA thought about putting a IC in Norway.  We thought if we did this we could somewhat relieve pressure off Russia by having USA build two tanks a turn.  Instead we hit France and had pretty much a stalemate with the Germans and never broke out of France. Has anyone bought a IC in Norway? Is it worth it?

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

I did it often…I think it’s great for US to get an IC in Norway. but do keep your close eye to see if there is danger Germany could take this away.

• It’s good if you can keep it, but terrible if you cannot. So it all about making that judgement.

• '19

Thanks! It’s something to keep a eye on in the future for sure :)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

It’s always nice to have another method of getting troops to Russia for their defense and to provide for a follow up punch.  I, personally, have found that complexes end up costing more to defend then they give in benefits in many instances.

Therefore, my opinion is thus:

If you own the North Atlantic, you may be better off with a transport train to Norway.  (in all versions of Axis and Allies)

If you do not own the North Atlantic, a complex may be wise, it depends on if you can hold it.  (in all versions of Axis and Allies)

• Don’t waste your time (or 15 IPC on this).  Would take FIVE turns at 3 IPC to recoup your investment.  If the Allies own Norway much easier to shuttle transports from Eastern Canada back and forth once you have enough US troops to move one space from E. US

• '19

Thanks for the answers everyone! :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m