Issues with Field Marshal Games?

• @CWO:

As I recall, FMG was planning to produce a German set after the Italian one, but the project somehow never got completed,

The German set never got completed because after the Italian set was out, Hasbro made new molds of the A&A infantry with a different size, making the FMG sets worthless,

• @Narvik:

@CWO:

As I recall, FMG was planning to produce a German set after the Italian one, but the project somehow never got completed,

The German set never got completed because after the Italian set was out, Hasbro made new molds of the A&A infantry with a different size, making the FMG sets worthless,

Not at all. The German set never got completed because the manufacturer closed its doors and took the molds and money with them.
    This almost completely killed the company (FMG) and HBG picked up significant amounts of product in trade from FMG to fulfill all of the preorders with credit for their own product.

• On another note, unrelated to the current topic at hand (but still in the ballpark), we’re in talks with FMG right now for a possible distribution deal. Keep your eyes open.

• '17 '16

Oh, so you can actually get someone at FMG to talk?

• Sponsor

@Wolfshanze:

I’m getting multiple messages on my YouTube channel about paying customers not getting their orders and being unable to contact FMG after several attempts… is a boycott of FMG in order? I feel that we should protect the A&A community from experiencing the same hardship others have endured, and there’s no excuse for not communicating with your customer base.

• '18 '17 '16

I have never ordered anything from there because of the negative comments I’ve read online about their service or lack thereof. It’s too bad for them too because I’ve probably spent about $1000 at HBG over the last 3 months when you add in the shipping costs.

• I personally have never had an issue with FMG, and I have order like 5 times from them.  However, I will probably not order from them anymore…

The main thing I want from them are the combat dice, but HBG never seems to have the ones I need in stock.

• @Wolfshanze:

Over time, yes. More often than not it’s not a business related discussion however. Still waiting on details of our potential deal …

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

I personally have never had an issue with FMG, and I have order like 5 times from them.  However, I will probably not order from them anymore…

The main thing I want from them are the combat dice, but HBG never seems to have the ones I need in stock.

I cannot stock items when FMG does not return my emails or phone calls. Sorry.

• @coachofmany:

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

I personally have never had an issue with FMG, and I have order like 5 times from them.  However, I will probably not order from them anymore…

Not your fault.  Hopefully you can get them soon! :)

• Sponsor

@coachofmany:

That’s very strange… didn’t you guys bail him out when the Chinese manufacturer robbed him? If it were me, you would be the last guy I would ignore.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I found it harder and harder to get a hold of him as well as returned emails. After a couple months of trying, I finally gave up.
    This was 6-9 months ago, I was needing more of his dice.

• '17 '16

So glad I was able to get my dice earlier this year… I wonder if I’m the last guy to ever get dice from FMG… lolz.

However, I must say HBG & IWNGU are the best… always great service.

• @Wolfshanze:

So glad I was able to get my dice earlier this year… I wonder if I’m the last guy to ever get dice from FMG… lolz.

However, I must say HBG & IWNGU are the best… always great service.

We just shipped out a full set of FMG dice today. ;)

3 more sets left in stock at the moment.

• '16

Yeah, idk whats going on over at FMG, but it’s getting pretty damn bad lately.
    The previous two times I ordered from them was fine enough (even with the lack of communication)

But its been over 3 months since I did my last order with them and I still have nothing.
    No email replies, nothing.
    I tried contacting them through Paypal, nothing so far, definitely seeking a refund soon if they still don’t bother to reply.

• '17 '16

@ch0senfktard:

Yeah, idk whats going on over at FMG, but it’s getting pretty damn bad lately.
    The previous two times I ordered from them was fine enough (even with the lack of communication)

But its been over 3 months since I did my last order with them and I still have nothing.

Just curious, what brought you back to FMG a third time that you didn’t get the first two times?  I got the one thing I found super cool at FMG (the combat dice) and after that, there’s not really much I can think of that I can’t get elsewhere from more reliable sources (like HBG or IWNGU).

So glad I got what I got when the getting was good, and sorry for your current situation.

• '16

@Wolfshanze:

Just curious, what brought you back to FMG a third time that you didn’t get the first two times?  I got the one thing I found super cool at FMG (the combat dice) and after that, there’s not really much I can think of that I can’t get elsewhere from more reliable sources (like HBG or IWNGU).

So glad I got what I got when the getting was good, and sorry for your current situation.

1st time I got the full set of combat dice.
    2nd time I got the cardboard dice tower and a set of Italy pieces (Since HBG was out of stock.)

Then I lost the cardboard dice tower back in March.

So in August, I thought about getting another set of combat dice and might as well get another dice tower.
    Some reason, I didnt think about checking IWNGU first for the dice. Oh well.

• I ordered from FMG on October 12…and it’s now November 23 and NOTHING has arrived. They won’t respond to communications. They won’t send my order.

They have ads all over this site to draw people in, but they’re such a scuzzy company. I ordered items from them for a birthday gift for a kid who’s just getting into A&A. He would have loved the items I ordered for him. I’ve told him about what I ordered for him and he’s excited, but over two months wait time so far? That’s crap!

• '17 '16

@Defcon5:

I ordered from FMG on October 12…and it’s now November 23 and NOTHING has arrived. They won’t respond to communications. They won’t send my order.

They have ads all over this site to draw people in, but they’re such a scuzzy company. I ordered items from them for a birthday gift for a kid who’s just getting into A&A. He would have loved the items I ordered for him. I’ve told him about what I ordered for him and he’s excited, but over two months wait time so far? That’s crap!

Ya… FMG… unfortunately your experience is not unique, but you bring up a good point about the large adds on this site… FMG doesn’t seem to ever talk to anybody, do they continue to pay this site for the adds? How important are the FMG adds to this site’s revenue to keep running? As this forum obviously is a cornerstone of support for the A&A community, to continue to display adds from a very bad company that seems to do more harm than good is… well… at least open to some kind of question/debate… “Official Gold Sponsor”?  I’d rather only see adds from HBG and IWNGU than any from FMG.

• '16

@Wolfshanze:

“Official Gold Sponsor”?  I’d rather only see adds from HBG and IWNGU than any from FMG.

Agreed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m