• I had an idea for a German/Italy strategy.  Japan must no go to war with US until turn 4.

Opening Move for Germany.  Build a small industrial complex on the black sea in romania, 3 mechanical infantry and a sub.

The plan for Germany is basically to build mechanical infantry early and attack spain and sweeden on turn 2.  Then pump Gibraltar full of mechanical infantry.  This will give the Italian player breathing room in the Mediterranean.  Also germany can build some transports in the black sea.  Once Italy takes turkey, they have easy access to the Middle east (6 ipc) Germany can put a unit in egypt (5 ipc), italy can transport into 4 russian territories.

• This an interesting idea for the European Axis. However, you neglect the Pacific and allow the US to get into a good position on Japan. Yeah China will fall, but US can take out Japan very quickly by about round 8 or so. And you are giving the allies a full army from South America on top of that. These are good ideas, but they could be refined not to leave open several fronts. Also the Indian Fleet can come through the Suez Canal. The Tranto raid can still happen also the British Fleet can come in a wreak havoc. We should refine this to make it work a lot better and make it so its a near 100% win.

1. Take out UK fleet around UK execpt that destroyer and transport by UK
    2. A Major IC can be built in Romania(would use all IPC’s on G1)
    3. Bring US in round 2 or 3 but not 4(same for russia)
    4. Japan should push into China while mantaining defense(Carriers should work)
    5. Lots of Submarines in Convoy Zones

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Welcome to the forum!  :-)

I personally wouldn’t use this plan as Germany, for various reasons:
    1. I’m not a big fan of a Romanian complex and believe that the money is better spent on buying units. Spending 12 IPC on a complex that would only produce 3 units a round when the major IPC in Germany is just one area further away from the Russian border, just doesn’t sound attractive to me. For example, suppose you would at one time buy 10 inf in Germany to support an invasion of Russia, consider that for only 10 IPCs extra you could have bought mechs that will quickly outrun any slow units you can buy in Romania.
    2. The UK will not really feel threatened by this purchase. While ‘Sea Lion’ (amphibious invasion of the UK) is not generally the best option for Germany, it’s a good thing to make them at least worry about it.
    3. Like Hunter Jones said, you’re giving the Axis a lot of extra units. It’s not just South America, but either Russia or UK Pacific will really be helped by the four Afghans, and units from various other true neutrals will also make their presence felt.
    4. The big one: the US player will just love this. Spain is an ideal beachhead for them - see this thread: http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=38126.0 for a discussion on the Allies taking Spain for that reason. German forces in Spain (and Gibraltar for that matter) will be precisely one move away from the full might of the most powerful allied nation. Once the US enters the war, Germany will have to defend against them before you’re even close to Moscow.

• '19 '17 '16

I don’t understand the purpose of the Romania IC or the Neutral Crush. The latter just opens up a weak spot in the Axis lines.

Why not hold out until you get to Western Ukraine to build the IC?

• The Romanian IC was very popular before Alpha+2 gave us the Ukrainian IC in Russia that the Germans could just take. Sometimes the Germans would build a transport for the Black sea to send units to Caucasus, but you had to protect it by building an AB or a carrier (gets expensive).

• '17 '16 Customizer

After looking at the game table (board) I can understand why this idea is intriguing. But after thinking a bit, Russia & GB can very easily keep any the black sea ship free with their air force. At least if I was Russia, I would sink anything built there. Also would love Germany to spend that kind of $$ ion an IC & navy instead of tanks, art & inf……still, it might be fun to give it a go sometime.

• '19 '17 '16

@Maddog77:

After looking at the game table (board) I can understand why this idea is intriguing. But after thinking a bit, Russia & GB can very easily keep any the black sea ship free with their air force. At least if I was Russia, I would sink anything built there. Also would love Germany to spend that kind of $$ ion an IC & navy instead of tanks, art & inf……still, it might be fun to give it a go sometime.

I once built an airbase in Romania in a Tech game where I had rockets and paratroopers. If you had that, I guess you could protect a TT with scrambled fighters and hit Caucusus from the Ukraine.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m