Napoleon - The Waterloo Campaign 1815

• I saw your more detailed post on another board Marc. Certainly the game board can be very crowded so this is well worth considering.

But then the force marker could be anything. A mini post-it note even! :evil:

• True, but personally I find coloured wooden blocks more aesthetically satisfying than Post-it notes.  I wouldn’t necessarily buy the blocks from scratch just for that purpose…but since I already have them in my collection, it’s easy to put them to use in this manner.

The part about the Post-it notes brings back fond memories of that Hitler rant video (now sadly taken down) in which his officers suggest ways in which he can compensate for the lack of sufficient Japanese tac bombers in Pacific 1940.  One officer advocates the use of poker chips, to which Hitler replies that if he wanted to use poker chips he’d play freaking poker.  Another officer proposes the use of pieces of paper with unit names written on it, to which Hitler replies that he didn’t pay 150 euros for a freaking Glenn Drover game.  (That second joke is a bit unfair.  I own Glenn Drover’s two Attack games, and while I admit that the design of the plastic pieces isn’t to my liking, at least they’re made out of plastic rather than paper.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m