When are air bases operational for 1940 global 2nd edition?

• Great site guys … New poster

Was wondering if you could help … have a question and I’ll provide a scenario:

Say you build an air base (say US) on a territory that US control on US turn and you already have 2 US planes on that territory (or u fly them in on that US turn. Then on UK’s turn you fly another British plane in.
    If there is British navy in that seazone and it is attacked by Italy straight after UK’s move are the fighters allowed to scramble?

Are the US fighters and the U.K. Fighters allowed to scramble or can none scramble until US next turn?

In other words is the air base operational as soon as it us placed on the board?

Please help … reading the rules I lean towards its operational for both movement (of foreign allies planes that are already there) and all planes that want to scramble as soon as it is placed on the board during US’s place units phase.

I’d appreciate your thoughts … Thank you.

• Hi Omega and welcome to the forum.

From the moment an air base is built fighters based there can scramble in defence of an adjacent sea zone.

Because it is a multinational force in defence then allied fighters can be scrambled if desired.

Cheers
    PP

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m