Question about amphibious assaults

• Hi i have a question regarding the sea combat in amphibious assaults - I’m quite new to the game!

If i for example: Attack an island that has defending boats and infantry, with my airplanes, transportships with cargo and boats. What is the order of play?

1. Do i have to defeat the defending boats before i can offload my cargo on the island?
    2. Can enemy airplanes stationed on the island help in defending the sea combat?
    3. If none of the boats successfully kill each other (both teams still have defending ships after combat) can i still offload my cargo and begin battle with infantry?

Thank you

• Hi Noob Players

First - a warm welcome to the forum.

I’ll take your questions out of turn in order to get to an answer that (I hope!) makes sense.

4. A combat only ends when either the defender is wiped out or the attacker retreats to an adjacent territory or sea zone from whence it came, so it is not possible for opposing ships to occupy the same sea zone at the end of a turn. Instead you keep rolling those dice until a conclusion of the battle.

2. Amphibious landings can only take place if you first win any sea battle in the sea zone from which you are landing.

3. Planes in the territory you are attacking take part in that land battle, not in the preceding sea battle.

1. The order of play for the land battle in the territory you are amphibiously assaulting is the same as for any other battle. All attacking units roll. Defender removes casualties. All defending units roll, including those just removed casualties. Attacker removes casualties. Attacker decides whether to continue or retreat. If continuing the same steps are repeated, but the casualties that have been removed are no longer present at the battle. Note that amphibiously landed land units cannot retreat.

I do hope that helps.

Cheers
    PP

Edit - I see that your post has been edited while I posted this and you now only have three questions - oh well! - hope it all makes sense?

• Aha okay that explains it! But that made more questions pop up for me!

When in combat, lets for example say I’m attacking with a fighter, infantry and bomber

Do i have to say before i roll “Infantry attacking now” and then roll, – Lets say the dice roll is a 4 --> does that mean that my infantry missed or can i use that 4 as a hit from my bombers attack?

• It would be a miss.

• Yes.  It needs to be clear for each roll what unit type each dice represents. Or more accurately what number is required for a hit with each dice, so tanks and attacking fighters might roll together.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m